Any chance of Sprint backtracking on hotspot/4G fees?

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
hesse was lying."the premium data plan" is juat a way to make it look like your paying for for more when in fact the $69.99 plan has no cap,its unlimited data.hesse saw how hyped we all got over the EVO4G and dicided to rip us off.

n8spangler

May 16, 2010
Visit site
+1 Thank you! If you don't want to pay it, don't get the phone.

i pre-ordered mine. i will pay it. however i will cpmplain until someone can actually tell me what it is for and have it make sense! coming from a touch pro 2 , i have tried every month to get to 5gb data usage. downloading 185mb roms to 250mb kitchens for making roms, music, movies, whatever... its REALLY hard! so with no 4g (which actually costs sprint LESS) what kind of "premium data" am i expected to get?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if they got rid of the fee. They might do it in the future, but for now we are stuck paying for it. Oh well, still worth it.

mp0510

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there an app that can allow phones to act as hotspots? I don't have an Android phone yet, but a friend told me it was there already when I said the Evo could act as a hotspot.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope Sprint clarifies any added features or benefits of the extra $10 a month with the EVO sometime this week. It'd be nice if with that $10 they let EVO users do unlimited USB tethering, especially given there's no cap on 4G usage. I have a feeling though we won't for sure know anything until someone shows us their account/data usage pages with an EVO registered on Sprint.

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
And again I say you switching to get an iPhone, HD2 or Incredible will cost you MORE still for 3G than if you stayed with Sprint and the Evo.

So why the need to switch? :confused:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but let say I am switching to Verizon. Yes, it cost $20 more, vs Sprint EVO. However, I will be getting more or less stable 3G signal all the time, especially when I am traveling. Now with Sprint coverage I will not get 4G, and I am afraid about that even 3G will be problematic in some areas. So I am going to carry big hank of EVO which now works as "Dumb" phone just for $20 less then Verizon?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power