for people coming from the pre(1 year upgrade to

ewhiteboy

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just a new thought for everyone out there. Best Buy has a trade in program through dealtree.com. You can check it out (just google Best Buy Trade In). Those of us with a Palm Pre must look under Palmone (which I did not realize) to find the Pre. As I posted in one of the other threads, we get $113 BB giftcard for sending in a Pre as long as it is not in bad shape, missing cords, etc.

Now here's where it gets really sweet: The terms say if you purchased your device at BB originally, they will allow an in-store review and payment, which means - you guessed it - a new HTC EVO for the rediculously low price of $87 out of pocket! I will make sure to contact BB to verify how the in-store review/payment works, but I believe the idea is for exactly this reason, to use it as a pure trade in!

It's a really good program, but you better make sure you've read all the terms and conditions before you commit. I just checked out the site because I was unsure if they would accept a phone with a InvisableShield on it and came across some interesting stuff. This is the information they provide for how you receive your coupon and how you can use it:

ReCellular will email your digital coupons within 4-6 weeks after the receipt of your mobile phone. Your Best Buy digital coupon can be used towards ANY online purchae from Best Buy.

big bummer for those wanting to buy the phone on release date and it makes it sound like you will be sans phone for at least a month and then have to purchase it ONLINE if you don't have a spare phone laying around. For those that were wondering by the way, it never said anything about not accepting phones with InvisableShields but it did say this in the terms and conditions:

Phones sent in for trade-in value must be in working condition. They must power-up and make an industry standard test call. Phones may not be broken, crushed, water damaged or have broken LCD's. Plastic cases must be complete and intact. ReCellulartradein.com reserves the right to discount otherwise working phones due to cosmetic flaws such as excessively scratched, worn or damaged plastic cases.

hope this helps!

dlbevo

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat!
I believe your are correct- we can get the Evo for the $199 price with our Premiere upgrades. Of course this is $199 after a $100 mail in rebate- or you can pre order from Best Buy and the hundred bucks will be taken off at the point of purchase!

Anyone know if there will be an activation fee?

**Idea** after purchasing you EVO at BB (If they tell you that you DO need to pay an activation fee. Perhaps, you could take the phone to sprint and have them activate it for free since you are a "Premiere" customer. :cool:

joehammer

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with sprint (calling *2) and they told me there is no such thing as "premier" nor does it allow people to get a full upgrade after one year.

lame.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I also am a Pre hope-to-be convert. I called Sprint today and the person I spoke with said I was eligible for the 1 year premier upgrade discount of 75 dollars...off of the full price so 375 with no mail in rebate from the sprint store :(

I'll stop by the sprint store before the 4th to verify but I'll probably be buying from Best Buy for 199...especially since I have 2 phones to buy, as long as the BB price of 199 applies to me too.

Click on this link to check your upgrade eligibility. You say you are a premier customer, if that is true, you will be able to get the phone for 199.

Just type in your phone number and it will tell you if your are eligible or not.

For the person that said that they can't buy the Evo at Best Buy because they don't carry it in Utah, how about Radio Shack, do they carry Sprint there? Because they do the same thing as Best Buy, no waiting for the mail in rebates.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with sprint (calling *2) and they told me there is no such thing as "premier" nor does it allow people to get a full upgrade after one year.

lame.

Wow, you got like Level -100 support. That guy must have either been new, was screwing with you, or it really was the janitor.

Sprint is very accomodating when it comes to achieving Premier customer status. All you have to do is have the 69 dollar simpley everything plan for about 9 months, and they make you a premier customer. If you bought a Pre when it came out last year, you should be a premier customer right now. Things work differently if you are a business customer like myself, it usually takes a little longer. In my case, I have two lines on my account and only one of them (luckily mine) is on 1 year upgrade cycles.

The easiest thing to do to check if you are eligible is to click on the link below and punch your phone number and billing zip code in.

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/RebateWelcome.do

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently a Palm Pre owner who just pre-ordered the HTC Evo today @ Best Buy.

I went to Best Buy thinking I'm gonna have to pay full price for the Evo when it comes out, but when the Best Buy rep asked for my zip code and cellphone number, she checked my contract status on the computer and she said I was eligible for the full discount! Sweet! :D

The only thing that sucks now is that the next 3 weeks will feel super slow.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
pre owners going Evo and Android

Hey Guys,

Just like everyone here, I am looking forward to the Evo 4g. Been reading every little information on it and it gets better and better. Reading a lot of posts I've noticed some people here are pre owners; I too am a pre owner.

I would like to know if there are any pre owners here that switched to android and what their experiences and comparisons are with the pre and their android device and you're comparision between webOS and android 1.5 and up OS's.

Thanks!!!

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Another thing to note for qualifying as a Premire customer is that you must have a certain phone plan. I do not think the basic plan will qualify and I think it is the plans above the basic plans that qualify you.

What I am confused about is family lines. I was told that having a second line or more that these lines cannot be upgraded every year and are not considered "Premire". I plan on opening up a second line to get another Evo and I would love the benefit of upgrading every year on both lines. Could someone confirm this? Thanks!!!

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently a Palm Pre owner who just pre-ordered the HTC Evo today @ Best Buy.

I went to Best Buy thinking I'm gonna have to pay full price for the Evo when it comes out, but when the Best Buy rep asked for my zip code and cellphone number, she checked my contract status on the computer and she said I was eligible for the full discount! Sweet! :D

The only thing that sucks now is that the next 3 weeks will feel super slow.

It's killing me. I feel like a damn crackhead waiting on a fix over here.

ReubenRene

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have had service with Sprint now for 4 years already, does that mean that I have to purchase the Evo through them or can I actually purchase it through Best Buy or Radio Shack as well?

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Bought my Pre June 6th 09. Upgrade is available June 1st 2010. Already pre-ordered at Best Buy on the 13th. It'll be $199 with a 2 year extension which is fine. Sprint works everywhere where i live in the south suburbs of Chicago though here in Morris I'm out of 4G range but not by much. Where i work is ALL 4G coverage. Where I hang is all 4G coverage area. Goodbye Palm! I gave you a chance and you failed. LOVE WebOS though and will miss it!

preman2be913

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I say we all start a campaign as soon as we get our evos on wyho can dismantle their pres the craziest way lol I can't wait to spike this pre like a football. I LOVE web os but the hardware is horrible.

PinkoCommie

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Woohoo! I pre-ordered my Evo 4G at a local Radio Shack yesterday. I will not miss the Pre all that much. Sure, there are some things which are great. The general UI design is nice. Actual usability of the operating system and many apps is not what it should be. I can replicate the "Too Many Cards" error with scary regularity, while doing simple things. I've wanted to throw the phone against a wall too many times. I am not a brand loyalist. I'll go with whatever serves my needs best, and right now that is not Palm.

Kinda psyched for the Evo. I LOVE new toys.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
i plan on upgrading to the Evo when the time comes. I just checked my sprint page and was happy to find out that my upgrade is a month earlier than I thought it was. So I will be getting the phone 7/1 instead of when I signed up for sprint (August 11). Wonder why my upgrade is so early?

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone that had any information about Sprint could help me out with something. So I am on a family plan currently with 2 Pre's, one is the primary line and the other is a secondary. The primary line, obviously, is eligible for an upgrade come June and I'll be getting an EVO on that line.

The problem I'm having is, on my secondary line with the Pre I am currently on my 3rd Pre and just simply fed up with the issues. I was also hoping to get the EVO on this line, and informed by the Sprint rep that if this replacement also starts acting up I'd be eligible for a replacement device that is of equal value from another brand.

Now I am already having screen and double type issues with this replacement device and I strongly doubt they would replace my Pre with an EVO due to the whole 4g thing. Does anyone have any idea if Sprint would bump up my upgrade eligibility on this account? Technically I bought the Pre on June 19th 2009 so I wouldn't be able to upgrade till 2011, but since they are going to give me a FREE phone I'm just wondering if they'd instead bump the upgrade date up, but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Thanks

Edit: I also just realized that on this line on 6/1/2010 I'd be eligible for a $75 upgrade which is half of the norm, does that mean I'd still be able to Pre-order at best buy but I'd be paying an additional $75 as opposed to the normal price on a 2 year contract?

Last edited: