06-08-2010 04:26 PM
74 123
tools
    I'm currently a Palm Pre owner who just pre-ordered the HTC Evo today @ Best Buy.

I went to Best Buy thinking I'm gonna have to pay full price for the Evo when it comes out, but when the Best Buy rep asked for my zip code and cellphone number, she checked my contract status on the computer and she said I was eligible for the full discount! Sweet!

The only thing that sucks now is that the next 3 weeks will feel super slow.

It's killing me. I feel like a damn crackhead waiting on a fix over here.
    05-16-2010 08:12 AM
    I have had service with Sprint now for 4 years already, does that mean that I have to purchase the Evo through them or can I actually purchase it through Best Buy or Radio Shack as well?
    05-16-2010 08:18 AM
    I have had service with Sprint now for 4 years already, does that mean that I have to purchase the Evo through them or can I actually purchase it through Best Buy or Radio Shack as well?
    You can go through best buy or the shack.
    05-16-2010 08:20 AM
    Thanks a lot for the help
    05-16-2010 08:22 AM
    Bought my Pre June 6th 09. Upgrade is available June 1st 2010. Already pre-ordered at Best Buy on the 13th. It'll be $199 with a 2 year extension which is fine. Sprint works everywhere where i live in the south suburbs of Chicago though here in Morris I'm out of 4G range but not by much. Where i work is ALL 4G coverage. Where I hang is all 4G coverage area. Goodbye Palm! I gave you a chance and you failed. LOVE WebOS though and will miss it!
    05-16-2010 09:00 AM
    I say we all start a campaign as soon as we get our evos on wyho can dismantle their pres the craziest way lol I can't wait to spike this pre like a football. I LOVE web os but the hardware is horrible.
    05-16-2010 09:22 AM
    Woohoo! I pre-ordered my Evo 4G at a local Radio Shack yesterday. I will not miss the Pre all that much. Sure, there are some things which are great. The general UI design is nice. Actual usability of the operating system and many apps is not what it should be. I can replicate the "Too Many Cards" error with scary regularity, while doing simple things. I've wanted to throw the phone against a wall too many times. I am not a brand loyalist. I'll go with whatever serves my needs best, and right now that is not Palm.

Kinda psyched for the Evo. I LOVE new toys.
    05-16-2010 09:40 AM
    i plan on upgrading to the Evo when the time comes. I just checked my sprint page and was happy to find out that my upgrade is a month earlier than I thought it was. So I will be getting the phone 7/1 instead of when I signed up for sprint (August 11). Wonder why my upgrade is so early?
    05-16-2010 10:03 AM
    I was just wondering if anyone that had any information about Sprint could help me out with something. So I am on a family plan currently with 2 Pre's, one is the primary line and the other is a secondary. The primary line, obviously, is eligible for an upgrade come June and I'll be getting an EVO on that line.

The problem I'm having is, on my secondary line with the Pre I am currently on my 3rd Pre and just simply fed up with the issues. I was also hoping to get the EVO on this line, and informed by the Sprint rep that if this replacement also starts acting up I'd be eligible for a replacement device that is of equal value from another brand.

Now I am already having screen and double type issues with this replacement device and I strongly doubt they would replace my Pre with an EVO due to the whole 4g thing. Does anyone have any idea if Sprint would bump up my upgrade eligibility on this account? Technically I bought the Pre on June 19th 2009 so I wouldn't be able to upgrade till 2011, but since they are going to give me a FREE phone I'm just wondering if they'd instead bump the upgrade date up, but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Thanks

Edit: I also just realized that on this line on 6/1/2010 I'd be eligible for a $75 upgrade which is half of the norm, does that mean I'd still be able to Pre-order at best buy but I'd be paying an additional $75 as opposed to the normal price on a 2 year contract?
    05-16-2010 11:00 AM
    I THINK that at one time they(Sprint) were switching the Pre's out for the Samsung Moment. That was just one case i heard of.
    05-16-2010 11:04 AM
    I THINK that at one time they(Sprint) were switching the Pre's out for the Samsung Moment. That was just one case i heard of.
    Even then, I don't really want to go from the Pre to the moment. I've tried the Moment and I didn't like the hardware, same flimsy keyboard setup the Pre has.

Eh if I won't be able to get an EVO I'm going to be pretty unhappy
    05-16-2010 11:48 AM
    i bought the Pre on launch day and returned it that Monday and went back to my Centro. i could not get over the bugs, PIM/App/basic feature deficiencies, and poor build quality. i'm looking forward to the EVO and finally getting superphone.
    05-16-2010 11:53 AM
    i bought the Pre on launch day and returned it that Monday and went back to my Centro. i could not get over the bugs, PIM/App/basic feature deficiencies, and poor build quality. i'm looking forward to the EVO and finally getting superphone.
    I kind of wish I would of done that a year ago, My Centro is a better device in many ways than the Pre. I do enjoy webOS I just had the hardware.
    05-16-2010 12:02 PM
    I'm also a Pre-defector. I did have one question on the Palm Profile. Anybody know how long it stays active after you switch away from a Palm device? Say I return the Evo within 30 days if for some reason I can't live w/o WebOS or say next upgrade in 2011 I move to a new Palm device. Is the palm profile still there with the apps we had bought?

I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere on Palm's site.
    05-16-2010 07:32 PM
    I'm also a Pre-defector. I did have one question on the Palm Profile. Anybody know how long it stays active after you switch away from a Palm device? Say I return the Evo within 30 days if for some reason I can't live w/o WebOS or say next upgrade in 2011 I move to a new Palm device. Is the palm profile still there with the apps we had bought?

I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere on Palm's site.
    cut the cord and don't look back.
    05-16-2010 07:51 PM
    True, but say June 2011 Palm come out with a solid phone and I'm not down with Android, I'd like to head back w/o having to purchase all the apps again.....
    05-16-2010 08:03 PM
    True, but say June 2011 Palm come out with a solid phone and I'm not down with Android, I'd like to head back w/o having to purchase all the apps again.....
    I plan on keeping my Pre and using over WiFi, which should keep the Palm profile active (hopefully).
    05-16-2010 11:44 PM
    The easiest thing to do to check if you are eligible is to click on the link below and punch your phone number and billing zip code in.

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/special...bateWelcome.do
    So I did this. Turns out that I am only available for the $75 upgrade until next year. I am not sure why this is the case when I have 6 lines on the account. Is there any specifics that I may be missing? I am a Palm Pre owner, but we have had this sprint account for YEARS.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I have the Everything Data Share 3000
    05-17-2010 11:12 AM
    I say we all start a campaign as soon as we get our evos on wyho can dismantle their pres the craziest way lol I can't wait to spike this pre like a football. I LOVE web os but the hardware is horrible.
    That would be cool but my pre dismantled all by itself. That hardware was horrible.
    05-17-2010 11:31 AM
    Has anyone looked into the Sprint BuyBack program? I checked it out earlier (just briefly) and it looks like you can get $63 for our Palm Pre's. Not alot, but better than nothing. Has anyone looked into the specifics of that? I plan on taking a closer look tonight, but wanted to see if anyone already had some information on this.
    05-18-2010 02:38 PM
    Has anyone looked into the Sprint BuyBack program? I checked it out earlier (just briefly) and it looks like you can get $63 for our Palm Pre's. Not alot, but better than nothing. Has anyone looked into the specifics of that? I plan on taking a closer look tonight, but wanted to see if anyone already had some information on this.
    You might want to look at the Best Buy buy back program. For a Pre, right now they will give you $108 Best Buy gift card or $70 check mailed to you.

Here is the site:

BestBuy.com Trade-in Center - Powered by Dealtree.com
    05-18-2010 03:24 PM
    You might want to look at the Best Buy buy back program. For a Pre, right now they will give you $108 Best Buy gift card or $70 check mailed to you.

Here is the site:

BestBuy.com Trade-in Center - Powered by Dealtree.com
    But I though someone earlier looked into the BB buyback and it was going to take 4 - 6 weeks to get the credit for your phone. Is that correct?
    05-18-2010 04:19 PM
    But I though someone earlier looked into the BB buyback and it was going to take 4 - 6 weeks to get the credit for your phone. Is that correct?
    I just checked and it looks like it says 7 - 14 days for receipt of the gift card. I don't have another phone I can use in the mean time. Does anyone know if the credit can be applied retroactively?
    05-18-2010 04:24 PM
    Hope I can help with the Best Buy deal. I did this last year when I upgraded from Instinct to my Pre at BB. Worked as good as it sounds. It did not take 4-6 weeks, it took like 2 weeks if I remember correctly. If you are part of the smart crowd that bought your device from BB, they will even evaluate and issue a gcard for your trade in on the spot in the store, so you can use it towards your EVO purchase price! This was mentioned at the top of this page, but many other topics have come up.

I verified this by going to the store last weekend. The procedure is just go to the Geek Squad section with your phone, and try to have all the components your cell came with: charger instruction book etc. Hello bucks! I believe what I saw was $113 BB card, and I'm currently sitting at $30 gcard for my rewardzone mastercard, so guess who's gettin an EVO for $60??? - This guy!

Best Buy is the ONLY way to go for maintaining the newest smartphone at the best price. End of story.
    06-08-2010 04:26 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD