I don't know if someone made this thread already or if they did I didn't see it because it my have been worded differently. I'm just curious because every quarter they mention how sprints losing customers for one reason or another. Sprint is the only carrier I ever had (11yrs) and I don't switch carriers for phones. I would like to know if your switching what carrier and your current phone? Feel free to give more info why, yrs etc.
    05-15-2010 05:07 AM
    I have been AT&T/Cingular/who ever they where before Cingular for about 11 -12 years. I am currently on a BlackJack 2. Love the phone, but not enough features. Tired of paying $120 after taxes without getting internet. if I had internet it would be running me over $150.
    05-15-2010 06:08 AM
    absolutely!

though not exactly a defection (I already have Sprint service)

I have an iPhone with AT&T, as well as a Sprint mobile hotspot and a Sprint BB (that I recently traded for a used Hero to play with the android platform before the EVO came out)

...but I'm going drop my iPhone entirely and AT&T, and port that number over to Sprint, when the EVO is released.
    05-15-2010 08:47 AM
    Sprint is the only carrier I ever had (11yrs) and I don't switch carriers for phones.
    Exactly same thoughts here and been with Sprint for about the same length.
    05-15-2010 08:51 AM
    I've been on Sprint for 10+ years now, glad to FINALLY, F I N A L L Y see MY CARRIER with a top end phone that trumps everyone else's stuff!!!!!!!!! JUNE 4th, COME ON!
    05-15-2010 09:10 AM
    I have been with Sprint for 13 years. I considered jumping ship for the iPhone but didn't want AT&T. I camped out over night last June 6th to get the Palm Pre' (I had the HTC Mogul, a piece of crap). If it hadn't been for Palm, I may have jumped ship. My Pre' has been a decent phone, However I really want the EVO. I am way more excited about it than I was for the Pre'. This time instead of camping out, I went to Best Buy and Pre-ordered the EVO on the 13th. I was the third person to pre-order so I am pretty sure I will get one. It is now less than 3 weeks away, and I can't wait!
    05-15-2010 09:27 AM
    I'm switching from T-Mobile and the pathetic Behold 1....
    05-15-2010 10:54 AM
    I am seriously considering switching off of Big Red after 8+ years. It was as close to being a done deal as one could get until the EVO Tax and hotspot fees were announced on the 12th. I'm in a 3G area [projected 4G in July 2011] and it will be up to Sprint to keep me as a customer when my 30 day test drive starts on June 4.

I will be extremely particular during this test, especially with the premium. It will be their choice and the device and networks performance that will make or break this deal.

I would also like to request any accurate [not fanboy hyped] feedback on 4G performance, both on the EVO after release and on the 4g with existing hotspot and data devices.

Thanks for all your help.
    05-15-2010 11:44 AM
    I got a friend to convert from At&T to Sprint. Showed him all the great deals and also showed him the Evo. I myself have been with sprint for almost a year (August) and can't wait to get my hands on this phone.
    05-15-2010 12:12 PM
    I am really leaving for better pricing. I am a GSM fan, and have been with Tmo for a while.

The EVO is simply a gigantic, juicy cherry on top.
    05-15-2010 01:20 PM
    I guess I am doing the opposite. I was truly excited about the EVO until this "premium data charge" came into play. I will now be waiting for the new iphone to get released in June so that I can defect from Sprint for AT&T. I will pay more for services I know I will be receiving rather than pay less and include services I cannot access (4g).
    05-15-2010 02:15 PM
    I guess I am doing the opposite. I was truly excited about the EVO until this "premium data charge" came into play. I will now be waiting for the new iphone to get released in June so that I can defect from Sprint for AT&T. I will pay more for services I know I will be receiving rather than pay less and include services I cannot access (4g).
    Not sure where you live, but at least in San Francisco where I'm located, AT&T=paying more and receiving practically none of the services you pay for... Sprint= paying less and getting more.

Does the 10 dollar charge really make your Sprint plan that much more expensive compared to AT&Ts? I suppose if you don't text I could see you saving some cash, but other than that, Sprint is typically cheaper... Unless you're just opposed to the idea of the 10 dollar charge even though your Sprint bill would still be cheaper than the AT&T bill and you're just doing this to spite Sprint, even though it'd be more of your money you're spending...
    05-15-2010 02:35 PM
    Yeah, the reaction to the $10 fee is way overblown. The net monthly rate is still cheaper than major carriers and you also get free mobile-mobile calls (and Sprint Navigator if useful). I can't burn my minutes if I try. It's pretty rare that I call a landline.

The $10 fee sucks for those in 3G areas but it's still not as much as ATT/VZW 3G.

Sprint's justification is that EVO users will be heavy data users. If this is the case, then they should simply charge $10 to those going over 5GB and not force lighter users to pay extra. Even so, still less than ATT/VZW.
    05-15-2010 02:55 PM
    I don't think the reaction the the 4G surcharge is overblown. For me, I would still come way ahead in terms of money spent. For others, that won't be the case.

In another thread, a poster likened it to purchasing a high end TV, and being forced to purchase HD. Not the most exact of analogies, but it does ring true somewhat.
    05-15-2010 03:43 PM
    Sprint, here I come. My contract with T-mobile is up in June. I definitely would have stayed had T-mobile offered a decent Android phone. The Nexus One is nice and all, but the plan restrictions were ridiculous. Oh yeah, I'm also another Blackberry switcher. Typing my first post to this forum on my 8900 Curve.
    05-15-2010 04:52 PM
    I would switch, but I have would have to roam for data in certain areas that I work and live, not fun. It would be like owning a Porsche and only being able to drive 30 mph
    05-15-2010 08:04 PM
    I don't think I want to take a chance on leaving Verizon again. I think ill keep my incredible until Verizon rolls out their 4g.
    05-15-2010 09:10 PM
    I don't think I want to take a chance on leaving Verizon again. I think ill keep my incredible until Verizon rolls out their 4g.
    Same here.
    05-15-2010 10:06 PM
    I have been a Sprint customer for 11 - 12 years and would not ever leave. I have a pre and it is a dissapointment to me. I pre ordered the evo from best buy and was number 6, so I can't wait for 6-4-10.
    05-15-2010 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD