I have an EVO ...

sonata

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What are the dimensions of the battery? I'd like to know if my existing Hero/TP2 batteries would work for it, and also pictures of the battery would be appreciated =D

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
*How would you rate the phone on a scale of 1-10?

*You honestly wouldn't trade your Pre for an EVO right now?

I can say this is the fastest phone I've ever had. Like blackberry speed. The screen is awesome. the KB is more then fine. If I head to rate it amongst Android this is def the best. So a 9 considering that.
Its feel kinda weird holding it considering its size. other then that its a WINNER.

Would I switch I don't know yet... I love the device and like Android but I love WebOS. If I was a blackberry or WM6.5 or even iphone user I would switch. But its something about WebOS that kinda spoils me...

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
How would you rate the browsing experience so far? For heavy browsers like myself, that's obviously important.

The browsers seem much improved since the g1. All the site I've been to loaded quickly. Plus I really missed the text wrap feature but it seems to be hit or miss. and again the screen size really helps.
Acid test scored a 93

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting all the info. We really appreciate it!!!

But its something about WebOS that kinda spoils me...
I too am a pre owner and I love WebOS for it's multitasking. I feel it is a "true" multitasking OS because all the apps are running live and are active where as other OS's the apps are invisible or paused. Since you have both android 2.1 with Sense UI and WebOS device could you give a comparission between the two. Like why is one OS better than the other in a certain tasks, app, etc. Or just your personal experience or opinion about the two OS's

Thanks!!!

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but AFAIK 4.3" is diagonal. I was wondering about the width and height of the screen.

The screen has pixel resolution of 800 x 480 and the diagonal length is 4.3".

If you assume the pixels are square, that's all the information you need to calculate what you're looking for: 3.69" x 2.21".

(I was curious about the screen too. Did this calculation about 5 minutes after the Evo was announced).

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
I have a question for you regarding Sprint TV on the EVO. Is the cannel line up the same as Sprint TV on the Pre? There's been speculation tthat morechannels will be included on the EVO, but I'm not so sure. I recently subscribed to Sprint TV Xtra for an addidional $10 and wouldn't want to pay that plus the $10 'premium data' fee if say, Fox News was available on the EVO w/o subscribing to Sprint TV Xtra. If you could tell me whether or not Fox News is on the standard lineup or ifits still only avail on Xtra, I would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance.

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
there's been a lot of complaining amongst people looking at the specs sheet regarding the screen. the spec sheet indicates that the screen displays 65K colors, only. could you please look at some high res photos and give us your gut instinct on how it displays color. i.e. do the colors look bright, crisp, and TRUE? i'm assuming you're not a professional photographer like most of us, so a simple gut reaction will suffice, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech