05-21-2010 03:17 PM
429 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Hi and thanks for answering all our questions!

Is there a noise cancellation mic on it?
    05-16-2010 10:07 AM
    Does downer grove have 4g or is it your home not allowing you to connect? Did u check 4g inside a building in the coverage area?
    thanks
    I have 4G in the area. I've used the card before that was months ago. I went outside but no luck I did connect once with a very low signal.
    05-16-2010 10:08 AM
    I too would like to see some video uploaded that was shot outside in sun or shot video of well lighted room to better see quality of camcorder.

I too LOVE webos but have preordered the EVO. I wish palm would have sold out webos to other manufactors like android and this device would be coming out on webos which would be ultimate winner. Since I am premier customer if HP rights ship I can jump back on next June.

How is switching task compared to webos? Try downloading the app TaskOS and see if this makes it more like webos to you.

05-16-2010 10:10 AM
    Thanks for the information doc. For those worried about the screen, don't be. I can assure you it will be very difficult to scratch, unlike the screen of the Palm Pre.
    05-16-2010 10:14 AM
    can you list the pre-installed apps that came factory loaded, thanks.
    05-16-2010 10:19 AM
    can you list the pre-installed apps that came factory loaded, thanks again.
    05-16-2010 10:20 AM
    Will the EVO or Android OS let you take Screenshots, like the Pre?
    05-16-2010 10:21 AM
    can you list the apps that are installed on evo from the factory, thanks again and again.
    05-16-2010 10:21 AM
    doc, can you list the apps that are pre-installed on the evo from the factory, thanks.
    05-16-2010 10:23 AM
    Hey guys I can't do any additional testing I had to return it sooner then I hoped (i may be able to get it again later) my general impressions:
    Speed: its blazing fast. Even with 3G pages seems to load faster then normal.
    Screen: Of course its great. Responded to touches very well.
    HTC/Sprint YouTube: Works great. HQ also works over 3G & Wifi
    Qik: Works well and is very easy. Tested over 3g and there was a 3 second delay on the website.
    Camera: is one of the best I've used auto focus was great (WebOS needs this)
    Speaker: Loud and clear
    I don't see any reason why this isn't the best android phone on the market.
    fr4nk1yn likes this.
    05-16-2010 10:24 AM
    Not in the gmail app. its menu then compose. There will be a looks curve but it will be easy. The think the biggest factor is moving around the OS. The card interface and gestures is a special thing.
    Thanks for the answer. WebOS really is a breeze to navigate. I understand there is an app on Android that somewhat simulates the Cards in WebOS.
    05-16-2010 10:25 AM
    can you list the pre-installed apps that came factory loaded, thanks again.
    can you list the apps that are installed on evo from the factory, thanks again and again.
    doc, can you list the apps that are pre-installed on the evo from the factory, thanks.
    CALM DOWN dont scare him off. He has been answering everyones questions .
    05-16-2010 10:26 AM
    I can't list them but the only additional app I saw was Qik. Everything else was HTC standard.. no goggles. no google earth.
    software is the same as the Incredible
    http://www.androidcentral.com/review...oid-incredible
    05-16-2010 10:28 AM
    could you see the kickstand becoming flimsy over time?
    can you test the dolphin browser?
    kickstand was a lot more solid then I thought.
    05-16-2010 10:43 AM
    As a fellow Pre owner myself, how hard was the transition to Android? I went to play with the Incredible (To get a taste) and found myself trying to use the "gesture area", I am just too used to it.
    05-16-2010 10:45 AM
    As a fellow Pre owner myself, how hard was the transition to Android? I went to play with the Incredible (To get a taste) and found myself trying to use the "gesture area", I am just too used to it.
    pretty much the same thing. I don't think I'll be switching right now.
    Jerzey McNasty likes this.
    05-16-2010 10:48 AM
    Thanks Doc
    05-16-2010 10:59 AM
    When you were taking pictures, any lag when you pressed the button and the picture was actually taken? I love the camera on the Pre but too much lag on the Hero.
    05-16-2010 11:03 AM
    Props Doc
    05-16-2010 11:08 AM
    well there always be a small lag as it needs to autofocus
    05-16-2010 11:08 AM
    Doc -
    were you able to answer any of my questions?

1) Do your upcoming calendar appointments show up on the home screen like they do on the HD2? (its displayed under the time and weather).
    2) Does the time that the alarm is set for show up on the home page as well, like it does on the HD2? (its displayed under the time and weather).
    3) Have someone call you or text you while your phone is locked and dont answer - do you get an LED notification like on the HD2?
    4) Can you password lock the phone like other Droids?

05-16-2010 11:22 AM
    how about the camcorder can you use the flash while filming?
    05-16-2010 11:28 AM
    When you were taking pictures, any lag when you pressed the button and the picture was actually taken? I love the camera on the Pre but too much lag on the Hero.
    lags for the autofocus but not too bad but that can be cut off. But the pics are sooooo much better with the auto focus on
    05-16-2010 11:33 AM
    Doc -
    were you able to answer any of my questions?

1) Do your upcoming calendar appointments show up on the home screen like they do on the HD2? (its displayed under the time and weather).
    2) Does the time that the alarm is set for show up on the home page as well, like it does on the HD2? (its displayed under the time and weather).
    3) Have someone call you or text you while your phone is locked and dont answer - do you get an LED notification like on the HD2?
    4) Can you password lock the phone like other Droids?

1. IDK. I didn't see it there. You may want to search the other htc thread bcus i would be the same.
    2. IDK
    3. yes the green LED flashes.
    4. I didn't check but I don't see why not. Its part of the OS.
    05-16-2010 11:37 AM
    how about the camcorder can you use the flash while filming?
    I don't recall seeing an option for it.
    05-16-2010 11:37 AM
429 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD