Evo internal memory

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know why HTC did not included more internal storage in the Evo such as the Droid incredible? I'd figure that they would add atleast 8 gigs of internal memory with an addition up to 32gigs with the micro sd cards. I plan on putting a lot of movies and media on this device and it seems that this device is made for users to put all kinds of media on it. I just thought HTC dropped the ball on this one. 40gigs would have been nice but 32 will work, just wondering if there was a specific reason for this.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
By a bigger MicroSD. I plan on it as Im sure I'll store tons of stuff. Im glad it has a card slot unlike the Pre with none. CANT WAIT TIL JUNE 4TH!

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
As someone said, to lower costs. The phone already has a lot of features built in so adding more internal memory (Especially 32 Gigs) would have made this phone nigh impossible to afford. Just use an MicoSD card and you should be good.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
this phone can definitly use more internal memory.i download a lot of apps and with that 4.3" screen i know im going to down load double the amount that i did on my hero.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Also, Android 2.1 doesn't recognize anything greater than 512MB for installing apps, so space is essentially wasted on the Incredible as they made their EXT partition over 700mb, which was kinda dumb (not that anyone would honestly need that much anyway).

Internal storage has turned into a useless pissing match.

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, Sprints prices are less than Verizons ;)

Care to explain that?

Sprint 450 minutes + premium data add-on = $79.99

Verizon 450 minutes + Unlimited Email & Web = $89.98

I think Sprint beats Verizon here too.

LOL... I think Jordus is right.

Y'all got me re-reviewing middle school math! :D

I am a space junkie, and I do think that I am okay with the memory options on EVO. For now.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Care to explain that?

Thought Sprint 450 mins are for land line, verizon 450 mins are too?

Guess it should be enough, since it is still be free after 7pm, and weekends, am i right?

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
Thought Sprint 450 mins are for land line, verizon 450 mins are too?

Guess it should be enough, since it is still be free after 7pm, and weekends, am i right?

Verizon does not include the any mobile option. If it isn't a Verizon cell number it gets pulled from your minutes.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My bad Jordus, I was flipping things around. Forgot that we get nav included as well, I think thats another 9.99 for VZW.

Yes, the 450 would just apply to calling landline numbers except nights and weekends which are unlimited anyways. 450 is more than enough for me with any mobile anytime, almost everyone has a cell phone anyways.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Care to explain that?

They're both $69.99. Not sure where you get those #'s.

Sprint gives you non-VZ mobile free, and 7PM vs. 9PM evenings. But, of course now adds $10 for EVO.

Sprint has other extras, but most are made redundant with Google Nav and Voice (haven't used Google Voice for SMS, so not sure how good that is).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21