Did you Pay Tax On Your Best Buy Pre-Order Gift Card

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered 2 at best buy but I just realized you need to set up an account with a 2 year contract.Can I redeem the gift cards for something else at best buy before the June 4 release ?

You can pay full price for the phone as well. Just the price hasn't been determined yet. It is anywhere from $450-$600

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Last week, I filled out the survey on my receipt and addressed this situation. A couple days later, I got a call from the store manage and another from corporate. It seems they've been hit by a number of us. We really aren't their biggest concern. If consumers would have reported this to the individual state tax boards, they would have had to spend a lot of time and money to straighten it out.

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Last week, I filled out the survey on my receipt and addressed this situation. A couple days later, I got a call from the store manage and another from corporate. It seems they've been hit by a number of us. We really aren't their biggest concern. If consumers would have reported this to the individual state tax boards, they would have had to spend a lot of time and money to straighten it out.

the tax situation will be handled. stay clam, the guy or girl ringing it up didn't program the register and it was a glitch in the system. unless your state requires tax to be charged on giftcards. that would then be something to take up with the state.

as a BBYM employee, my opinions are my own and in no way express the views or opinions of anyone else.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Today I received a $4.38 check from Best Buy for the tax charged on the pre-order gift card, the big surprise was a$25 BB gift card. I'll be using that on my EVO!

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
No state charges tax on gift cards. The tax comes into play when the gift card is used. There is this little passage in the Constitution of the United States of America that says the government (Fed or State) cannot double tax you. So to tax the sales of a gift card, then to tax the purchases made from that gift card, is double taxation.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech