Moving from Verizon BB Storm 2 to Sprint HTC EVO...what to expect...

map246

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using a BlackBerry for the past 3-4 years and have grown quite accustomed to their OS and interface.

What should I expect from the change?

How is the Android OS compared to RIM?

For previous BB users, what will I miss the most? What will I like the best about Android?

Thanks in advance.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
You will miss email. If you use google, the transition will be flawless if you use hotmail it will not be fun. You will miss the little red led. I do not like the contacts on android as much as I like it on BB. They disappear on my Droid. I can't figure out how to make a group out of my contacts yet either. The web browser is awesome, google maps/navigation is for free and much better than the garmin program you can buy. I have found lots of apps that I am sure you can use for both, but I seem more willing to use with android. As much as I like my droid I find myself missing my BB 9000 it fit so nicely in my hand and even though I am better on the virtual keyboard I miss the physical keyboard ( I know the droid has one but I have not used it in 3 weeks). I kind of feel like my droid is the flashy hot girl who finally said yes, but I miss that girl next door which is my BB. If the BB slider with a keyboard really exists I think I am going to go for that one.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
my biggest gripe is the volume profiles, plus the calendar, text and email share the same volume. Like i want my calendar to be louder so it can wake me up but i want my texts and email volume lower which can't happen which sucks. Theres apps but nothing close to the bb its very hard to get use to. Plus the battery life sucks really bad, and no bbm and you can't make a full portrait picture your background you have to crop it, other than that its great.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Left my BB Tour for the HTC Hero and haven't looked back. I use everything Google and love the fact that everything is updated no matter where I enter it. I've also synced iCalendar on my Mac with Google so I'm all connected.

If you're big into social networks it's fantastic.

To solve the volume profiles I use a program named profiles, works great.

You have 30 days to decide, so if you're not happy you can always go back to Verizon and the BB

PS-as far as BBM I switched to Google Talk, as have most of my contacts from BB, those that haven't we just text back and forth.

map246

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I dont use google for email, so I am anticipating a PITA there.

How does Android go as far as "pushing" emails to the phone? Is it anything at all like RIM?

I do love the millions of profile options that the BB had...hopefully the app that @ERDude is speaking of does the trick.

I can't wait for the phone... i have been loyal to RIM for awhile, but damn...the EVO looks smokin hott!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol