Win a free Evo 4G from Android Central [contest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hct

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm most exited about the phone in general. the 8 megapixel camera and 720p video are going to be great for sending videos and pictures to my mom and hopefully some conferencing with skipe or even better Google voice. The speed of the snapdragon means everything will be blazing fast, no waiting for your apps to execute. The beautiful 4.3 inch screen is just the right size, I can watch movies and videos on the go anywhere. Sense makes Android so beautiful and has really cool widgets to wow your friends. And all this under the speed of 4G is going to be amazing. I cant wait to get this phone, its going to be such a better improvement over my HERO.

jnav12

May 17, 2010
Visit site
win a free evo 4G

i love the huge screen ... my palm pre looks so tiny ... want to make the switch to android and a free phone would do the trick!
thanks -jn

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna come from a business point of view and say the best feture is gonna be the ability to do simultaneous voice and data over WIMAX. I just hope Sprint doesn't drag their feet rolling out 4G to most major metropolitan areas (especially the suburbs of those areas)

drnomolos#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
hi-rez screen definitely entices, but mostly looking forward to WiMax and potentially having a phone that rings and gets text messages when it's actually supposed to ... since I'm on AT&T now.

korrowan

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I am most excited about the faster processor speed and overall speed as it seems that my Hero lacks those things at times especially while watching vidoes and getting texts etc. Also the large screen will be awesome!

kelmar

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy that it's a new phone (with an OS I like)!

I've never owned a phone for more than 4 or 5 months and I'm on the Hero now for 7 months and still loving my phone!

alanrcrews

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
To win The Sprint EVO 4G Phone by HTC that arrives on June 4th.

A tale: Verizon (Enhanced Communities) shut off my high speed access March 31. Verizon (FIOS) people are being interminably slow in getting FIOS infrastructure in, thewy have passed the date of offering and not a peep out of them. Running my laptop by tethering to my Droid, which is not ideal, PDAnet2PC is "so so" for stability and speed.

I would really love the 4G speed with the Hot Spot capability, so that I can once again be fully functional on Facebook and web surf at normal speed. The EVO big screen would be great for looking up baseball stats and rosters.

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
I think the screen and the WiMAX would have to be what I'm most excited about, followed by the HDMI out. Of course, the ability to overthrow small nations would be #1 if not for the roaming charges :p

TuxBobble

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
As much as I'm going to love the WiFi hotspotting, and the 4G network speeds, I'd really be most looking forward to the 1Ghz Snapdragon. The one thing about the Droid that doesn't wow me quite enough is that it hangs just a TINY BIT at times, and it's enough to hamper the experience. The 1Ghz Snapdragon might do the trick!

lojick

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
To be perfectly honest, I'm excited about the 3.5 mm headphone jack. My old phone doesn't have that or an adapter so im excited about listening to music on my phone! YEEEAH BUDDY!

wcmarchese#AC

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Count me in please!!!
This is the phone of all phones.* Ever since I opened my Blackberry Curve from Sprint, I was opened up to a world of smart phones that I couldn’t escape from…ever…
I knew I was going to be in for good.* And so as I went along and then got the Tour, I was in Heaven…until the trackball issue.* And two other Tours.** Finally receiving one that actually worked.* And I thank Sprint for that—this is one of the reasons I’ve been with Sprint for 10+ years.*
One thing that’s making me switch from the world of RIM to the world of Android is the whole having-a-portable-computer-on-your-hip thing.* The Blackberry is cool, and could be considered a mini computer in some ways, but it’s slow and in no way can compare to the tech of the EVO/Android.*
I feel like a kid again, ready to delve into a world of new experiences and wonder.* First and foremost, one of the big let-me-downs on Blackberry was Skyfire finally dropping them all together.* I had waited SO long, getting so many people into the world of Skyfire for Winmo and whatnot, and had countless nights with snippets about its new Alpha versions being teased on tech sites, only to have them drop it all together.*
When I read that piece of news, my heart sank—but I can’t say I didn’t see it coming.*
Then I took a second look at Android.* And when I heard about the EVO, holy cow!
I think of the countless nights I would stay up and watch pixilated YouTube on my PS3 with a group of people—now, with the EVO, HQ YouTube all the way on my TV.* Anywhere, for that matter.*
And then the Flash…let’s just say I feel like a kid again when I think of the possibility (something I had dreamed for my Blackberry) actually going to be AVAILABLE on this phone/platform.* I think of my inner child under the covers at night playing Farmville and surfing the REAL web on this huge device.*
And that brings me to the screen.* No more headaches on my small Blackberry screen.* No more constant pressing I or O to go in and out SLOWLY on a web page.* Or some third party browser that works well, but so not the experience I want.*
All these things will be manifested come June 4th.* I will be reborn!!!* Lol
I still love Blackberry, but Android is just so everything.** I mean, Google, come on!
WCM

T72018

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Im most exicted about the ability to swicth from Sense to the Stock android 2.1, that's awesome and to have the ability to connect as a hot spot device.

jesh00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am excited about the 4G WiMax with 4.3 inch Hi-def screen . I am always on youtube on to-go and this would really make much easier for me to watch hi-res videos on the big portable screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol