06-01-2010 08:08 PM
3,312 ... 7576777879 ...
tools
    I am excited for everything about the phone, it puts the current iPhone to shame, and even though i'm sure the new iPhone will bring some interesting thing s to the table, the Evo and Android in general is where it is at!

I mean i know 3 or 4 of my friends are dropping AT&T and their 3G and 3Gs iPhones and getting sprint for this device. Video calling for the WIN
    05-18-2010 01:31 AM
    The 1 gig snapdragon processor is drool worthy, AND the forward facing camera for video chat... AND the 8 mega pixel camera that can record in hd.. and the hdmi output to view in 720p HD... oooooh man and all this on 4g... but my FAV FEATURE IS THE HUGE BEAUTIFUL RIDICULOUS 4.3 INCH SCREEN!!! ahh! i think i just went into a tech coma X_x the only way i'll come out of it is if you tell me i won! please help!
    05-18-2010 01:37 AM
    The feature I would love and use the most would be the HD camera/video captures, both front- and rear-facing (and the flash ).

We've got our first baby on the way (little girl!!) and this would definitely help us save money on a digital camera, since my Hero's camera isn't quite up to par to document all of her 'firsts'. A new phone for either of us isn't quite in the budget right now, diapers are top priority among all those other baby supplies.

So winning this wouldn't make ME the coolest on the block, but it would for my daughter. She's due August 4th, so I'd be able to use the phone/cam/video for the baby shower, remaining Dr's appts AND the 'big day' before that.

I guess the screen res would be a huge feature too, so I could better show off her pics to any family and friends that will sit still long enough :P
    05-18-2010 01:37 AM
    I can't wait for the HDMI out!
    05-18-2010 01:39 AM
    Dear Phil and the AC Crew,

To start off with, I am a Pre user, and this has been a difficult decision I have had to make. But, with fairly heavy research, as well as a heavy heart I think I am about to make the jump to Android, and put to rest my loyalty to Palm and webOS forever. It almost feels like I'm breaking up with a smart but somewhat unattractive middle aged girlfriend who went out and got a boob job for me as a last ditch effort, for a gorgeous younger woman with a doctorate degree and lots of cash to burn and who likes to kiss women in front of me. Ok weird analogy I know, but I think that I've seen enough of Android to make an educated decision that it is the phone OS of the future with so much potential, leaving many in the dust and looking great in the process without having that ever-so-elitist way about it. Palm was and technically still is a great company with innovative ideas, however I think that a company like HP purchasing them was the icing on the cake that threw me over the edge of ending that long standing relationship (been a Palm loyalist since 2004) besides a few other decisions that have broken my confidence as well as dwindled my favoritism toward Palm. Sorry Palm it's time to go. Android and EVO here I come.

That being said, yes I will be getting an EVO, sometime on or around the release date since I was an opening week buyer of the Palm Pre and am able to purchase at the new customer price on June 1st, the perk of the Premier Member. Now whether I'm having to actually buy one, or if I win it through your fabulous contest, either way I'm positive I'll like it (though of course free is SOOOO much better). Why you ask? What is my favourite upcoming cool thing about this pot of gold that is a phone? Pretty much every single thing. It's bigger, faster, better looking, more functional, and holds more stuff than any other phone; AWESOME barely even scratches the surface of an accurate description one might give this phone. There isn't anything I DON'T like about it. This is the phone that tech fanatics like me have waited for our whole lives! And to be able to have it before everyone else...even better and what a way to start out my Android fanaticism but by winning this contest! I have dreams about owning this phone, like it's going to be the saviour of all phones, the god of portable technology, if I were a woman I would bear it's first born and go through all the pain and LIKE IT!

Ok you get the picture. So yea, I would love to win this contest. Please. No really, seriously. Whatever it takes. I'm such a techie sackrider my friends nickname me "Upgrade". Ok yea that's embarrassing but hey they called it right. Though you might not think I'd be the kind to obsess like that. Anyway thank you for your consideration...

Yours Sincerely,

Charles
    05-18-2010 01:48 AM
    I'm really looking forward to the 4.3in screen and coming from the Faulty Pre to an HERO that welcomed me to the Android Family and Now This The GODZILLA of cell phones i'm really looking foward to getting this and making my life so much easier with that front facing camera and so much faster with the SnapDragon in it. And i can't enjoy it yet but when 4g comes to Detroit i'm going to love the speed of the phone.
    I can't Wait Is it the 4th Yet........

How bout Now lol.............
    05-18-2010 01:54 AM
    Too many to list just one.....
    05-18-2010 02:00 AM
    DEFINITELY it's hot spot capability.
    05-18-2010 02:05 AM
    Still using a barely working Blackberry 7130e( sprint) Oct 2006.Its old and its on life support.
    05-18-2010 02:05 AM
    I think what I'm most excited about is the 1ghz processor. I would absolutely love my HTC Hero if it wasn't for the joke of a processor that they equiped it with.
    05-18-2010 02:06 AM
    I love all the features but the best one would be the one on one chat with qik... and why i love it is because not only i feel like captain kurk from star trek, but I feel this is revolutionary and we will see this coming around within this year and next. : )
    05-18-2010 02:30 AM
    I'm excited about playing vba on that massive screen and seeing how multitasking runs on that snapdragon!!

or the video chat idk its to much to choose from

who can forget 4g!
    05-18-2010 02:30 AM
    For me, it's the 4.3" screen! ....oh, and Android too!!
    05-18-2010 02:46 AM
    Man...cant wait to get my hands on that phone! That huge screen is the best part!
    05-18-2010 02:55 AM
    except for the 4 block radius where I live. How cruel.
    05-18-2010 03:02 AM
    Massive screen.. Check
    HDMI Out... Check
    4G.. OMG.. Check
    But surely, the one thing I would love would be the hotspot capability so my fellow workers with their I-Phones (HELLO AT&T!!) can get a signal at work.
    05-18-2010 03:09 AM
    I'm looking forward to android 2.1 combined with the large screen and fast processor!
    05-18-2010 03:10 AM
    I'll take 4G please.
    05-18-2010 03:13 AM
    Defiinitely the huge beautiful screen!

Thanks android central
    05-18-2010 03:14 AM
    Well I would first like to say hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
    I would really like to win the evo because I truly feel that this phone has the ability to change my life. You see, as it stands right now i'm a loser,you know, down on my luck, sad and broke .
    However after I begin networking with the hip/slick HTC EVO 4G device I know things will change for good (I hope for good at least). People, especially women, will begin noticing me, I will become popular, I will gain some much needed confidence, and maybe my herpes will even go into remission .

In closing I would like to say that I believe the EVO's powers go far beyond it's computational abilities, it has life changing abilities!!!!
    05-18-2010 03:18 AM
    The large screen and 1GHz Snapdragon Processor. I'm still stuck with the T-Mobile G1 that i bought the day it first came out. =)
    05-18-2010 03:26 AM
    It's the 4G WiMax!
    05-18-2010 03:29 AM
    two-way video chat
    05-18-2010 03:30 AM
    definitely the 4.3" screen... processor and 4g a close second
    05-18-2010 03:39 AM
    so my 2 year old daughter can talk to her grandmother with a smooth connection and not that jerky yahoo web cam!
    05-18-2010 03:50 AM
3,312 ... 7576777879 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD