06-04-2010 12:24 AM
384 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I had a question, and it's probably very noobish at that.

Can Radio Shack employees read notes put on my account from a Sprint Rep?

I will be out of state for the launch. A friend of mine pre-ordered my EVO (under my name, contact info, etc.) at a RS I will be near come launch day, but the account is under my parent's name (I am the primary # however). I am doing the 2 year agreement upgrade. I talked to a Sprint rep, and they were going to make a note, that I am eligible/allowed to make changes to the account and add me to the account but, that won't become active until after our next billing cycle (June 15th). Also would it help any if I were to take in like a bill statement or any other proof for validation? I know for the post part it's really up to the employee if they are willing on letting you sign the agreement (I know, I know, it's against the rules, but it's not like I won't be under the account, or have no proof to backing up my claims). If they can see the note on the account, that's all that should be needed, I would think. But I want to have a backup plan just in case.

This thread has been tons of help btw.
    05-20-2010 06:55 PM
    what about employer discount? what kind of proof do you guys need? I already did the check online here (Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email) to see if my email qualify. Can I bring the email in as proof?
    All we need is either a pay stub or a company picture ID.
    05-20-2010 07:22 PM
    I had a question, and it's probably very noobish at that.

Can Radio Shack employees read notes put on my account from a Sprint Rep?

I will be out of state for the launch. A friend of mine pre-ordered my EVO (under my name, contact info, etc.) at a RS I will be near come launch day, but the account is under my parent's name (I am the primary # however). I am doing the 2 year agreement upgrade. I talked to a Sprint rep, and they were going to make a note, that I am eligible/allowed to make changes to the account and add me to the account but, that won't become active until after our next billing cycle (June 15th). Also would it help any if I were to take in like a bill statement or any other proof for validation? I know for the post part it's really up to the employee if they are willing on letting you sign the agreement (I know, I know, it's against the rules, but it's not like I won't be under the account, or have no proof to backing up my claims). If they can see the note on the account, that's all that should be needed, I would think. But I want to have a backup plan just in case.

This thread has been tons of help btw.
    Honestly the technical answer for this is the account holder has to be the one to sign the contract. And no, we cant see notes. You wont need the account holder to pre order the phone, but when you buy it you will. As you said its really up to the employee.
    05-20-2010 07:25 PM
    Is it possible for them to sell me the phone and port my number without opening the box??
    05-20-2010 07:32 PM
    Honestly the technical answer for this is the account holder has to be the one to sign the contract. And no, we cant see notes. You wont need the account holder to pre order the phone, but when you buy it you will. As you said its really up to the employee.
    Ah, ok thanks. I guess I will give RS a call tomorrow, and see if there is anything I can do, to provide further proof.
    05-20-2010 07:49 PM
    thanks you for tha insight n one more thing can I pay for tha phone in full when I pre order?
    Actually, you can do this. Just ask the associate to make your preorder gift card for the 199.99 + local sales tax.
    05-20-2010 09:43 PM
    Actually, you can do this. Just ask the associate to make your preorder gift card for the 199.99 + local sales tax.
    Buuuuut, you'd be missing the activation fee which is unavoidable.
    05-20-2010 10:08 PM
    Is it possible for them to sell me the phone and port my number without opening the box??
    As I said before, yes. But also as I said, I don't recommend it. If there is a problem with the port, and trust me, about 20% of ports I do have some kind of delay. Its allot easier for us to get a hold of sprint via sales support than if you have to call customer service.
    05-20-2010 10:19 PM
    Activation fees are charged to the first bill, though aren't they?
    05-20-2010 10:26 PM
    Look down....

Activation fees are charged to the first bill, though aren't they?
    Yes they are!!
    05-20-2010 11:03 PM
    As I said before, yes. But also as I said, I don't recommend it. If there is a problem with the port, and trust me, about 20% of ports I do have some kind of delay. Its allot easier for us to get a hold of sprint via sales support than if you have to call customer service.
    I have the same situation here. I will take FinalJ's suggestion. But I might have them keep that sticker on when they taking care of it. Hopefully they dont mind
    05-21-2010 12:28 AM
    FinalJenemba, Any word on EPRP plan? I already pre-order two EVO tho RS. They check and I'm qualify to upgrade. In the event that RS cant process my order or unable to upgrade it. Will I get my refund back on the gift card?
    05-21-2010 06:12 AM
    I have the same situation here. I will take FinalJ's suggestion. But I might have them keep that sticker on when they taking care of it. Hopefully they dont mind
    You can do it all yourself so they dont have to touch your phone, just do it there before you leave. That way help is near if you need it.
    05-21-2010 07:03 AM
    is there any news on what accessories will be available for the EVO at RS?
    05-21-2010 07:32 AM
    My friend who works at radio shack thinks that they will only get in a car charger and maybe some screen protectors.
    05-21-2010 07:48 AM
    The one accessory I want to get is the dock with hdmi out. since I can't find hdmi type d cable anywhere..
    05-21-2010 08:33 AM
    Try this thread if you are looking for hdmi type d

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...e-d-where.html
    05-21-2010 08:46 AM
    FinalJenemba, Any word on EPRP plan? I already pre-order two EVO tho RS. They check and I'm qualify to upgrade. In the event that RS cant process my order or unable to upgrade it. Will I get my refund back on the gift card?
    No.

Zero ability to refund those, and that was clearly stated on the sales receipt and should have been verbally confirmed from the employee.

But the computers specifically have zero capability of refunding gift cards in any shape or form. Even if a customer changed their mind 5 minutes after buying one.
    05-21-2010 09:07 AM
    You can do it all yourself so they dont have to touch your phone, just do it there before you leave. That way help is near if you need it.
    That's cool. Basically, I just need to call sprint Customer Service, or have some procedure to program the phone?
    05-21-2010 11:20 AM
    That's cool. Basically, I just need to call sprint Customer Service, or have some procedure to program the phone?
    Nope. they will put it on your account (just need th box for that part) and when you turn it on, it will automatically program. This may take up to 48 hours if you are porting in a number from a different carrier, but is usually 5-10 mins.
    05-21-2010 12:31 PM
    Screen protectors, car chargers, extra home chargers, data cables, mini USB to micro USB adapters (for those of us who have tons of mini USB cables around), 16GB micro SDHC cards. And of course various bluetooth headsets.
    05-21-2010 12:39 PM
    Nope. they will put it on your account (just need th box for that part) and when you turn it on, it will automatically program. This may take up to 48 hours if you are porting in a number from a different carrier, but is usually 5-10 mins.
    So, it's safe to say porting number doesnt need to turn on my phone at all. But, just in case, I can do test after a few mins after RS rep call sprint. Do I understand that correctly?
    05-21-2010 02:41 PM
    Screen protectors, car chargers, extra home chargers, data cables, mini USB to micro USB adapters (for those of us who have tons of mini USB cables around), 16GB micro SDHC cards. And of course various bluetooth headsets.
    will you have some docks, and cases? maybe like some which shows on the sprint ads.?
    05-21-2010 02:46 PM
    is RS opening early for EVO?
    05-21-2010 02:50 PM
    So, it's safe to say porting number doesnt need to turn on my phone at all. But, just in case, I can do test after a few mins after RS rep call sprint. Do I understand that correctly?
    Yea, once he is done ringing it up, you can go ahead and fire it up. The phone wont complete the auto programming until the port is complete though. It's usually a quick process, but it does sometimes take a while.
    05-21-2010 02:51 PM
384 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD