Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

paidndade

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Really? That's what they're doing? I don't know about them, but in our system when we run a credit check its good for 30 days, we wont have to run anyone's credit twice for a pre-order. I cant imagine why BB wants to run credit for all those pre-orders on launch day, jesus that's gonna be a mess.....

That's what I was talking about earlier. A 10 minute process might turn into an hour at bb

tojoe616

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
A credit check takes no more than 5 min. at best buy... It's funny how many flat out LIES I just read in this thread...

Exactly, the process does not take long and is just one click on the activations system we use. Honestly I cant wait for the phone to launch and people to get back to taking about the phone, and stop spreading terrible lies about RS or Best Buy.

vWvSTATICvWv

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Really? That's what they're doing? I don't know about them, but in our system when we run a credit check its good for 30 days, we wont have to run anyone's credit twice for a pre-order. I cant imagine why BB wants to run credit for all those pre-orders on launch day, jesus that's gonna be a mess.....
It's definately gonna be a mess! I said to the guy, i'll pass by during my break and he's says to wait til they call me cause people will be lined up for this. So i said ok, just have my phone...Ill pass by after work if it's gonna be that serious. *shrug*

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone have asked this yet, but can we use the $10 RS coupon from taking the survey (www.tellradioshack.com) on the day of pickup the order?
Thanks!

NVM, found my answers:

"*Offer valid with this coupon through 6/27/2010 at participating stores. Limit one coupon per person. Apple? Products, gaming hardware/software, laptops/netbooks, gift cards, services, special orders, and online and phone orders excluded. May not be combined with certain other discounts. No cash value. No photocopies. Void where prohibited.
"

Last edited:

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone have asked this yet, but can we use the $10 RS coupon from taking the survey (www.tellradioshack.com) on the day of pickup the order?
Thanks!

NVM, found my answers:

"*Offer valid with this coupon through 6/27/2010 at participating stores. Limit one coupon per person. Apple? Products, gaming hardware/software, laptops/netbooks, gift cards, services, special orders, and online and phone orders excluded. May not be combined with certain other discounts. No cash value. No photocopies. Void where prohibited.
"

I was excited about another $10 credit for like 2 secs there.

Jesse

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
Really awesome that you're doing this. Now, here's my question (it might be long winded, sorry).

My girlfriend and I are switching from VZW to Sprint. She's a BlackBerry gal, and I want the EVO. We can't just go in on the 4th to start service because she'll be in Florida for 10 days, and we'd both like to have a means of talking while she's there, so we'd like to start service with Sprint before she goes. My question is this. Can I open up a share plan with 2 lines today, so she can get her Bold, and I just wait for my phone to come in on the 4th? I doubt it's possible, but I figured I'd check.

Another small question. We're both thinking maybe we'll just sign up for our own single line plans, that way she can have a phone while she's away. And if we did this, I'd preorder the EVO today or tomorrow, and then pick it up on the 4th. Now, when she got back, would we be able to join our 2 single line plans into a 2 line share plan?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is confusing.

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thats exactly what I did, when start to setup a sprint account they will tell you the amount of lines that you are approved for. Then you just call in to start another line.

I am using the free Palm Pixi while waiting for the Evo. When the Evo comes in I will give it (THE PIXI) to my mother.

Also, I am also coming from a blackberry (Have them both sitting in front of my keyboard and I like the Pixi alot more... the keyboard is better IMHO, the only thing missing is the voice dialing (missing from android too).

Jesse

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
But you couldn't preorder the EVO could you? Are you just going to go in, and just exchange the phones and pay the difference, as part of the 30 day trial period thing? I know I could just try to get there early enough on the 4th to exchange, but having an actual preorder would make me feel safer.

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
But you couldn't preorder the EVO could you? Are you just going to go in, and just exchange the phones and pay the difference, as part of the 30 day trial period thing? I know I could just try to get there early enough on the 4th to exchange, but having an actual preorder would make me feel safer.

I ordered the Pixi via telesales day of EVO launch party, before pre-orders were taken.

I pre-ordered the Evo at the Shack for the second line, however I can take the Pixi in to sprint and exchange it for the evo (if any are available) if I desired to. When I get it, they are to convert my everything data plan, to a everything data family plan. To tell the truth I am not going to pay $10 X 2 knowing that she will use about 1.00 MB of data per month... so mom gets the PIXI or a Pre.

From all my conversations, and from what I have read, when you sign up for sprint they will tell you how many lines you are approved for, and you are able to add up to that limit at anytime. YMMV

P.S. They didn't run a score during the preorder and didn't ask for my Acct #.

Last edited:

anish3232

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thats exactly what I did, when start to setup a sprint account they will tell you the amount of lines that you are approved for. Then you just call in to start another line.

I am using the free Palm Pixi while waiting for the Evo. When the Evo comes in I will give it (THE PIXI) to my mother.

Also, I am also coming from a blackberry (Have them both sitting in front of my keyboard and I like the Pixi alot more... the keyboard is better IMHO, the only thing missing is the voice dialing (missing from android too).

Android has Voice Dialing (At least my Moment does) but not sure if other android devices do

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Not exactly sure this is possible, but with the $10 from the survey and the $20 accessory credit, you could walk out with $40 worth in accessories for $10.

Yes you can do this!!

Really awesome that you're doing this. Now, here's my question (it might be long winded, sorry).

My girlfriend and I are switching from VZW to Sprint. She's a BlackBerry gal, and I want the EVO. We can't just go in on the 4th to start service because she'll be in Florida for 10 days, and we'd both like to have a means of talking while she's there, so we'd like to start service with Sprint before she goes. My question is this. Can I open up a share plan with 2 lines today, so she can get her Bold, and I just wait for my phone to come in on the 4th? I doubt it's possible, but I figured I'd check.

Another small question. We're both thinking maybe we'll just sign up for our own single line plans, that way she can have a phone while she's away. And if we did this, I'd preorder the EVO today or tomorrow, and then pick it up on the 4th. Now, when she got back, would we be able to join our 2 single line plans into a 2 line share plan?

Yes and Yes.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Yep, just open up the account, get her phone and pre order yours.

ndrd_ct

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for answering the questions . I really need to get to my closest RS and pre-order the Evo . I have a store nearby on a plaza , that not many people visit . So far they have about 4 or 5 pre-oders total . Going to be an easy transaction . Also , i hope RS will have silicone case for Evo at launch . would like some extra protection right off the bat .

mbabc

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Bye, bye Treo 800w...

I was eligible for my Sprint upgrade and went to my local RS after reading this thread to pre-order the EVO. The process was quick and up front. Just completed the survey for the $10 coupon.

Thanks - think this device is going to light years ahead of my old, but reliable 800w.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol