Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

McBong

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I believe you just have to have the previous month's bill paid. Your upcoming due bill doesn't have to be paid early or anything.

Ah, I did a partial payment the last billing cycle since I signed up for summer courses and paid out of pocket (sucks being a broke college kid), so I owed $60 of the $167 from my last bill. This month's statement posted yesterday. I just went ahead and paid it all off (last month's balance and this month's) to zero out the balance. Guess that means, no more hookers and surviving on Spaghettios for 3 weeks. At least the Evo will be worth it.

Thanks for the help. :cool:

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
hey i have a question, i pre ordered on my dads line if i walk out radio shack without them opening it van i call sprint and activate it on my line

You have to wait 30 days before you can swap phones between lines.

Let them activate it on you're dad's line then call Sprint to switch lines. The 30 Days is when you buy it from Sprint, not third parties like RS, BB, etc

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Final J, bp3dots, really appreciate your patience and time here to explain alot details for us. But do you mind if i ask another favor? I am wondering if you guys can keep us update here what accessories RS will provide @ the release date as soon as you guys have some info. I dont know if it's okay with your guys, or your company policy.

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Let them activate it on you're dad's line then call Sprint to switch lines. The 30 Days is when you buy it from Sprint, not third parties like RS, BB, etc

Thanks, I just want to make sure RS gets paid and nothing comes back on me...lol

The store you purchased the evo from will get charged back for the subsidy if you switch it before 30 days. So yes, you can do it, but you are also screwing them. :(

You might not get charged, but it wouldn't be good for the store...

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Final J, bp3dots, really appreciate your patience and time here to explain alot details for us. But do you mind if i ask another favor? I am wondering if you guys can keep us update here what accessories RS will provide @ the release date as soon as you guys have some info. I dont know if it's okay with your guys, or your company policy.

I speak to the manager of my radioshack on regular basis. He doesn't foresee any specific evo accessories outside of car chargers and screen protectors. He pointed out the section of the store where the products that the accessory credit could be applied to. I think i am going to use the credit towards a pair of headphones with an inline mic.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I speak to the manager of my radioshack on regular basis. He doesn't foresee any specific evo accessories outside of car chargers and screen protectors. He pointed out the section of the store where the products that the accessory credit could be applied to. I think i am going to use the credit towards a pair of headphones with an inline mic.

Thats what I'm hearing too. Nothing evo specific. But the best list I can make is:
Car chargers, extra home chargers, usb cables, screen protectors, headphones, bluetooths, and some universal car mounts.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

You might not get charged, but it wouldn't be good for the store...

I've done this through Best Buy on multiple occasions and they have switched the lines around on the spot, they didn't have any issue doing it.

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
one more question dont know if its been answered can we walk out with them actually activating the phone

I take it that you mean without them activating the phone? I think that they want to make sure that the phone is active on your account as that is how they make their money. If you are a familiar customer then there is a chance that they might let you walk out without it being activated in store. But I believe its customary practice activate them instore.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
one more question dont know if its been answered can we walk out with them actually activating the phone

Yes and no.

Bare minimum we'll need to activate it in SNAP.

This then shuts off your other phone for the most part.

So if you plan on using it as a gift, there is little to no way to hide it.

We simply must do it SNAP side to get paid for the sale.

Now for the phone its self, I have never stopped anyone from asking such requests before. If they seem tech savvy enough, why make it difficult?

Bare minimum I do open the box and inspect the phone and box for contents and damage. I would never risk a scam job of a customer comming back in and telling me "X wasnt in the box!"

utopianz14

May 23, 2010
Visit site
bp3dots: I read on the other forum you mentioned if we get everything dada family plan, 2 phones are included, but if the 3rd phone doesn't need data, it will just cost $10 instead $19.99? Can you confirm this? I didn't see this mentioned on Sprint website, and just want to clarified.

I know each EVO would be $10 already, just don't want to pay $19.99 if I don't have to on the 3rd non data usage phone.

Each evo requires a data plan. No way around it. If its not a phone that require to use Data then you can add the line to your family plan for just 10 dollars

I'm hoping someone else can confirm this. I contacted Sprint, and the person I spoke with insisted that all additional lines on an Everything Data family plan is $19.99 regardless of data use or not.

I currently have a 5-line Family Talk plan, and two members are planning on getting Evos - the other three don't need texting or data - so it would be great if I can add those three to an Everything Data family plan for $10 each.

Thanks in advance!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping someone else can confirm this. I contacted Sprint, and the person I spoke with insisted that all additional lines on an Everything Data family plan is $19.99 regardless of data use or not.

I currently have a 5-line Family Talk plan, and two members are planning on getting Evos - the other three don't need texting or data - so it would be great if I can add those three to an Everything Data family plan for $10 each.

Thanks in advance!

Additional lines after the first two on an Every data family plan are $20, don't think there is a way around it short of a discount. Through my employer I get a 23% discount so my additional lines are about $15 a month.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

No theres no way around it. The way sprint bundles everything now, either you all get data + txting or no one does unfortunetly.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Can you confirm whether or not RS will be doing a early opening on Friday the 4th? I have to be at work by 10am and trying to get in there as early as possible would be great or else i will have to go later on in the evening -

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I called my local shack attack and they said they are opening normal time, but the guy did say that other stores may be opening early, though he couldn't confirm.

PlainOldMike

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all the great info here I now have 2 Evo's on order from RS. The store rang up two transactions for this and I was able to do the survey twice for two $10 coupons. Now my question is when I go get the phones will they again ring it up twice allowing me to use both $10 coupons or is it possible they will ring it up as one transaction only allowing me to use one of them (terms saying you can't use multiple coupons)? Any advice for making sure I get best value I can?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon