Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping someone else can confirm this. I contacted Sprint, and the person I spoke with insisted that all additional lines on an Everything Data family plan is $19.99 regardless of data use or not.

I currently have a 5-line Family Talk plan, and two members are planning on getting Evos - the other three don't need texting or data - so it would be great if I can add those three to an Everything Data family plan for $10 each.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, looks like I was wrong there. :eek: Maybe I was just imagining that.

Can you confirm whether or not RS will be doing a early opening on Friday the 4th? I have to be at work by 10am and trying to get in there as early as possible would be great or else i will have to go later on in the evening -

It's up to the managers (or district manager)

Thanks to all the great info here I now have 2 Evo's on order from RS. The store rang up two transactions for this and I was able to do the survey twice for two $10 coupons. Now my question is when I go get the phones will they again ring it up twice allowing me to use both $10 coupons or is it possible they will ring it up as one transaction only allowing me to use one of them (terms saying you can't use multiple coupons)? Any advice for making sure I get best value I can?

You will have to ask them to do 2 separate transactions.

so what will the process be like during checkout? will i get to be the first to handle my new phone or will an RS employee get that honor?

If you ask, they will likely let you be the first to touch it. But ask early.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Each evo requires a data plan. No way around it. If its not a phone that require to use Data then you can add the line to your family plan for just 10 dollars

you sure just $10? On sprint.com, it says $19.99 for phone 3-5, but doesn't say if it's for smartphone or regular phone. I will be getting phone #3 as non-smartphone, I just want to know if it's $19.99 or $10?

Quote from Sprint.com (Everything Data Family - with Any Mobile, Anytime)

Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges. Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 are $19.99/mo./line.

Can you check on this for me bp3dots?

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
you sure just $10? On sprint.com, it says $19.99 for phone 3-5, but doesn't say if it's for smartphone or regular phone. I will be getting phone #3 as non-smartphone, I just want to know if it's $19.99 or $10?

Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges. Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 are $19.99/mo./line.

Ill try to get an official answer tomorrow.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I speak to the manager of my radioshack on regular basis. He doesn't foresee any specific evo accessories outside of car chargers and screen protectors. He pointed out the section of the store where the products that the accessory credit could be applied to. I think i am going to use the credit towards a pair of headphones with an inline mic.

Thanks for your info there. I dont have some good headphone with mic from my current BlackBerry, so I m thinking about screen protector. But i m afraid the only option from RS is ZAGG, which is "sticky" and not very good in the review.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your info there. I dont have some good headphone with mic from my current BlackBerry, so I m thinking about screen protector. But i m afraid the only option from RS is ZAGG, which is "sticky" and not very good in the review.

I use Zagg on my hero, and already ordered the evo screen kit. I have no issue with the feel of them, and they're crystal clear after they're set.

*Note, the shack will NOT have zaggs for the evo at launch. *

ostrange

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for helping out bp3dots! I I was out of the house for a few hours and posts backed up a bit lol.

Just want to reiterate, as you and others have said, if you already have a sprint account and are upgrading, there is NO credit check. The credit checks are only for new customers.

Thank god!i really thought that was the case for any preorder cause my credit aint the best right now.I just remembered there was no credit check when i got my pre so im good.Then again im broke and i might have to wait a week later! hopefully there's some around still.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling HTC is making a lot of these phones for anticipation of the desire/want. I'm really curious to see what the first week final numbers turn out to be for units moved.

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site

Even if it is a feature phone that does not need data for your 3rd line, you are still looking at the 19.99 price point for it. Sprint is all in with their data packs.
I know my RadioShack is selling blackberrys free right now on new activation. I would probably just pick one of those up since your going to have the data for it anyway.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Zagg on my hero, and already ordered the evo screen kit. I have no issue with the feel of them, and they're crystal clear after they're set.

*Note, the shack will NOT have zaggs for the evo at launch. *

Thanks for sharing, so i assume you dont have any problem that screen will responsive less after having ZAGG on, right?

*That's kinda disappointing news. If I will go for some car dock, what do you recommend for EVO 4G, i mean universal one for car dock.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If your a premier customer your allowed to upgrade every year at new contract pricing? I'm hitting year one with the Pre on June 1st. If that's the case I'm getting an Evo.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Even if it is a feature phone that does not need data for your 3rd line, you are still looking at the 19.99 price point for it. Sprint is all in with their data packs.
I know my RadioShack is selling blackberrys free right now on new activation. I would probably just pick one of those up since your going to have the data for it anyway.

I normally would, but since it's for an elderly person, and all she use is voice (not even txt,mms, etc), then it's a waste to pay $19.99 to have all these features.. You know what I mean? Oh well, at least we don't have to pay separate line which cost even more money. Thanks for the answer :)

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My kids have Palm Pres and will be eligible for their $150 upgrade credits on 6/1, we would like to use their credits to upgrade myself and the hubby to the Evo. The kids have all the phone they need in the pre.

Is this do-able thru Radioshack so that we can keep our numbers but get the Evos for the $199 price?

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My kids have Palm Pres and will be eligible for their $150 upgrade credits on 6/1, we would like to use their credits to upgrade myself and the hubby to the Evo. The kids have all the phone they need in the pre.

Is this do-able thru Radioshack so that we can keep our numbers but get the Evos for the $199 price?

Should be able to. Best Buy does it so im sure Radio Shack will. I would call the Radio Shack where you made your pre-orders and ask them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781