New phone on insurance and get EVO 3D?

sportbikeco

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone got a new phone through insurance and received an EVO 3D when they turned in a EVO 4G?

Just wondering as I would like to upgrade and am having some un fixable problems with my EVO 4G.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well what other carrier would this be on as the Evo is exclusive to Sprint only.

To the point, call them and ask them if they still have any HTC Evo 4G's in. If they say they do, you will get another OG Evo 4G. If they don't ask them what your insurance claim would be. It doesn't mean its going to be the Evo 3D. It just has to be a EQUAL or better phone.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab

bloodpack2k2

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Since they are still selling the Evo 4G on the Sprint site, I would guess that they aren't going to replacing them with Evo 3Ds under an insurance claim yet.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Check out this thread over on XDA. Apparently Asurion was out of EVOs so they were replacing them with the 3D since it was the closest equivalent. Looks like they have the OG EVO back in stock now though so that's what you will get if you make a claim. If they happen to run out again, you would probably get a 3D instead.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1318308
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Well what other carrier would this be on as the Evo is exclusive to Sprint only.

To the point, call them and ask them if they still have any HTC Evo 4G's in. If they say they do, you will get another OG Evo 4G. If they don't ask them what your insurance claim would be. It doesn't mean its going to be the Evo 3D. It just has to be a EQUAL or better phone.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab

Well, the 3VO isn't exclusive to Sprint, but in this case it wouldn't really matter since he has an OG.

I saw a post recently that someone had recieved a 3VO instead of a replacement OG, similar to the XDA thread that was linked above me. Different person though.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I filed a claim on line and Asurion - Your Technology Protection Company for my evo 4g that I had. it had a broken screen. when i filed the claim it said i was receiving an evo 3d and the next day i got an evo 3d. so you might get an evo 3d. it will say on there before you enter in ur credit card info what they will send you. if it tells you it will send you an evo 4g then wait a few hours or so then check back with it. hope this helps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on when you file the claim and who fulfills the order. If there are no OG Evos then you may receive a 3D.

If you need to replace the device give it a shot. It's a long shot, but seems like some have received the newer device.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech