Who plans on buying without pre-ordering.

chazc080488

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I live in wichita,kansas we have 2 bestbuys and 4 radioshacks I'm thinking we won't sell out in all stores so I'm going to wait to release date. Seems ike everybody on here is pre-ordering is the demand that high?

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a problem getting an "it" device on Day 1 here in SoCal. The worst case scenario is that I have to jump on search.twitter.com to see where people are getting theirs and call a few stores to confirm availability. I don't see the point of preordering if you live in a major metro.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I live in wichita,kansas we have 2 bestbuys and 4 radioshacks I'm thinking we won't sell out in all stores so I'm going to wait to release date. Seems ike everybody on here is pre-ordering is the demand that high?

There will be 4-8 between all 4 radioshack stores (besides the ones sols to preorder people) Not sure how much bb will gave for open sale, but they will have the most traffic for them. If you have the $50, I'd get the preorder taken care of.

Seems silly to risk waiting until the second shipment comes in to try getting one if you really want it.

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm pre-ordering through RS or BB but probably won't pick it up there as there is a Sprint store right downtown KC where I can walk to Friday AM...the pre-order at those other stores is just a safety net in case for some reason the Sprint Studio store runs out...which I'm doubting.

corleone401

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

You might as well preorder it. If you go to radio shack you can get the $20 towards the phone and $10 off coupon if you do the survey on the receipt for your next purchase over $40. You could also go to bestbuy and they'll probably give you a similar offer if you tell them about radio shack.

the d

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not eligible for an upgrade as I got my Pre in October, but I'll be down at the Sprint store first thing in the morning to pick one up. It may be a lot of money to drop on a phone (out of contract), but I also have a USB card for my laptop. If the hotspot works as advertised, I can drop the USB card and still come out ahead (despite the extra charges attached to the EVO).

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
You have nothing to lose by preordering because that $50 charge goes toward a gift card and don't have to use it on the phone if you decide not to buy it. You can buy something else instead with the gift card.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
the best buy here told me they will have NO excess, as many preorders they have is how many phones are going to be shipped to them.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well.. I have been asking Sprint at stores, in Premier forum, direct to VP if they will give me a wink indicating that there will be a Premier Pre-Sale like on the Pre. Nothing.
The Sprint store will not take a pre order. (but local Sprint corp. store said they were expecting to get 100's).

So finally, I thought I would follow advice of a claimed BB Mobile manager on these boards , and ask local BB mobile to match the RS deal. They looked at the printout and said...."oh...well maybe. You would have to come back when our manager is here....and lets see, manager won't be in until Thursday sometime....so you could drive back to the mall then." I indicated it might be easier to just go to the Shack 4 doors down in the mall. "Yeah...I guess you might be right". Geez.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital