So who else got the Hero on launch day and will (hopefully) be waiting to get the EVO utnil their upgrade on Oct 1.

Disclaimer: I'm still on the fence and may end up getting the EVO in June at the $450 list price especialy if they also light up 4G in my area at the same time. Otherwise I really don't see the point in upgrading if I can't take advantage of 4G
    05-18-2010 07:45 PM
    I got my Hero in October but online CS put a note on my account so that I can purchase the Evo in June for the 2yr upgrade price. All I had to say was I wanted the new iPhone that is being released. She talked to a supervisor and that person okayed it.
    05-18-2010 08:11 PM
    I got mine coming now, but the wife got the hero, and shes waiting for the EVO, unless something cooler is out by then. I might have her get the moment 2 and well trade... get me my kb back...
    05-18-2010 08:21 PM
    i thought I read somewhere that clearwire said there will be 2 new 4G devices (excluding the Evo) that will be coming out before year's end?
    05-18-2010 08:27 PM
    Luckily I have an upgrade available on another line so I'll be using that, then come Oct. I'll have the upgrade available on my line.
    05-18-2010 09:13 PM
    I'm in the same boat with my first upgrade (the $75 off) coming in October. I did hear you could trade in your Hero at Best Buy (if you bought it there) and get around $100 (as a Best Buy gift card) that you could apply to the price of the Evo.

So let's see, in October I could pay this:

$450 (List Price)
    - $75 (1 Year Discount)
    -$100 (Hero Trade In)
    -------------------
    Total = $275

I'm assuming we won't qualify for the $100 mail-in (or instant from best Buy) rebate, but if we do, that would bring it down to around $175.

Is my math right here, or am I misinformed?
    05-18-2010 11:55 PM
    Best Buy employees don't even know yet what their retail price for the EVO will be. I have a suspicion the $450 is the outright only if you buy directly through SPrint and I further wonder if its gonna be a promotion thing to convince Hero/moment owners to take the plunge and the retail price will go up at some point.

If you have only a $75 rebate after one year then you must not be a premier member. I don't know your acdount specific so can't say if you may actually be one and not know it. Luckily as a premier member in October I can get the same $250 instant rebate I got from Best Buy when I got my Hero.
    05-19-2010 12:19 AM
    Oh I should be a Premiere Member judging from what the site says. Of course I can't check right now because that part of their site is down right now.

I'll just have to call and talk to someone :-)
    05-19-2010 12:25 AM
    Im in that same boat, not sure what im gonna do but I definately dont want to pay the retail price for it.
    05-19-2010 08:11 AM
    As fast as Android phones are coming out, Evo will be outdated by Oct 1. Wouldn't be surprised if an Evo2 (or other Sprint WiMAX phone) is 'announced' by then and available by end of year. Clearwire has already said 2 more WiMAX phones are coming by end of year.
    05-19-2010 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD