Has Best Buy ever done a midnight opening?

Sincere_2010

May 2, 2010
Visit site
This is my first time Pre-Ordering a phone. I currently have the Palm Pre and Palm did a horrible job rolling out that phone--no pre-order and supply shortages. Anyhow, for those that are familiar with Best Buy's pre-order process....have they ever done a midnight opening or allowed pre-order people to pick up their phone before the release date?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not for a phone. The only other items that would cause customer frenzie would be a video game, a book (like Harry Potter), or a movie (I remember people standing in line at Wal Mart when Avatar came out). I don't remember Best Buy doing a midnight event for any game or movie.

d0nc0l0

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Not for a phone. The only other items that would cause customer frenzie would be a video game, a book (like Harry Potter), or a movie (I remember people standing in line at Wal Mart when Avatar came out). I don't remember Best Buy doing a midnight event for any game or movie.

the last game i did a midnight release was call of duty mw2

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I bought Metal Gear Solid 4 and Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 at midnight at Best Buy. I don't think they have ever done a midnight launch for a phone.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter... I couldn't get it then anyway... I can't even take the morning off and pick it up at 10 :(

The primary account has to go into my wifes name so we get her corporate discount for sprint and even though she wants an EVO she is not willing to go the extra mile. I wont get my phone until 6:00 PM when she gets home from work.

BOOOO!!!!!!

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter... I couldn't get it then anyway... I can't even take the morning off and pick it up at 10 :(

The primary account has to go into my wifes name so we get her corporate discount for sprint and even though she wants an EVO she is not willing to go the extra mile. I wont get my phone until 6:00 PM when she gets home from work.

BOOOO!!!!!!

Time to find a new wife... :D

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I am switching from another carrier, so I am worried that the process for me could take a while. Anyone have any experience switching carriers at Best Buy? Any tips are appreciated.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I work at Best Buy and my store does midnight openings for everything... The stores that are set to do midnight openings will be on bestbuy.com and we are not opening at midnight for the evo as far as I know... If corporate tells us to do it, I'll make sure I post it here.

cst516

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My local BB said they were going to open two hours early for the phone release. That makes it 8:00. That is perfect for the drive on the way to work. For the person that asked about switching from a different carrier, it has always been fast for me. Less then 30 minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad