HTC evo 4G, newbie

milosilo

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have tried to solve this problem for over a day now, so it is time for me to reach out for help...I have a HTC 4G (sprint) EVO. I am trying to utilize the tethering component. I downloaded the wireless_tether_2_0_5-2.apk and it is successfully downloaded and installed. When I goto the app, and attempt to establish a wireless tether, i get a message of not root. "sorry but your kernel does not have all the necessary features for running this application" So, then I goto unrevoked .com/ rootwiki/ doku.php/public/windows_hboot_driver_install]public:windows_hboot_driver_instal l [RootWiki][/url] (take out spaces) to install my hboot driver. I get to the point of downloading the andriod usb driver through the device manager and it tells me that "windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. - Android Bootloader Interface - There is no driver selected for this device information set or element"

So I have repeated the process several times, but no dice. Any chance someone can help me out? I feel I exhausted every tutorial online to no avail.

thanks so much,
Myles in NYC
mylesjglynn hotmail com

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey m8... As far as I can remember to use that tether app your eVo has to be rooted.

On your download and driver install questions... Maybe try using a different browser to download it.

Sent from my Galaxy10.1 TouchWiz/ADWex equipped Starship.

Reactions: milosilo

milosilo

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your feedback, I tried doing it in mozilla as well as google chrome...I hope I did not mess my phone us permanently