Question about HDMI output

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey all sorry if this is in the wrong place! But I had a question about the EVO HDMI output as I am considering a switch from the Pre (PS Love the OS but hate the hardware and have never tried Android). Anyway the question is if I have a movie on my phone or website that I can get movies on can I play these through the HDMI onto my TV? Sorry if this is a dumd question also but it is one of the things that is making me consider the phone (along with several others). Thanks:)

mp0510

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
IF (big if at this point) the HDMI output is like the ones on most HD camcorders, the HDMI will feed whatever is on your screen to the TV. So any website or video will show.

Think of it like the video port on a laptop. Same visual is sent as what you see on the laptop screen. (Of course once the phone is out, with my luck we'll find out it only works with a specific/dedicated media player on weekdays starting with a "T.")

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
LOL mp! That is kinda what I was thinking but was not sure and figured I would ask people smarter than me about things like this thanks

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Even though the screen blanks when plugged into HDMI, I hope the touchscreen is still active, otherwise it's going to be a pain to navigate video, presentations, etc.

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This API update talked about the HDMI out feature and how to code to it. I got the impression that applications had to be coded to specifically use the HDMI out, and that by default, the media would also try to display on the phone's screen. Iirc, the doc suggested shrinking the on-screen media to 1x1 pixels and shoving it in a corner, allowing the screen to be used for informational displays and/or large touch controls.

I was concerned that HDMI out would only work through the cradle. I have a Zune HD, which also outputs 720p through HDMI, but only through a $50 cradle. I knew that going into the purchase, but I didn't realize the cradle would only work with external power, and it had a hard-wired antenna for HD radio reception. Not portable at all! I'm hoping the EVO will be the solution I've been looking for to output 720p via HDMI cable directly from the phone. I have lots of 720p home movies to share with my family! But what's the port? Mini? Micro? I've never heard of micro-HDMI. I can't find confirmation anywhere.

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If the cable is not included I would also like to know exactly what is needed so I can purchase it and have it waiting when I bring my phone home.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX