EVO 4G Hands on video on Mashable

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
He said the EVO is "fifteen-tenths of an inch wider than the iPhone." Can anyone tell me the more natural way to say "fifteen-tenths?"

That is some marketing ploy right there.

That dosent even sound right... I thought it was 15000000 X 10^-7 of an inch larger.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It didn't hit me until this video but the way they highlighted the kickstand REALLY points out some improvements HTC could make in their software.

allowing the sense homescreens to work in landscape (much like TouchFlo 3D can on windows mobile) would be really cool for those of us who may want it sitting on our desks during the day while we use a bluetooth headset to receive calls. also the ability to make the phone a beside alarm clock would really be an advantage.

I know the kickstand is geared towards video but lets face it there are other uses for it too.

I agree that it would be nice to have the sense screens flip to landscape. My one concern on keeping the EVO sitting up with its kickstand on a desk would be that it would be susceptible to tipping when pressing the screen. Pressing the screen on the side away from the kickstand would be precarious. :eek: A desktop dock might be needed.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
He said the EVO is "fifteen-tenths of an inch wider than the iPhone." Can anyone tell me the more natural way to say "fifteen-tenths?"

That is some marketing ploy right there.

Isn't "fifteen-tenths" 1-1/2"?? I heard that too. iPhone is 2.4" wide and the EVO is about 2.6" wide. So that's two-tenths.

G1toEVO

May 17, 2010
Visit site
you guys how about u just root your evo so u could have it display the home screen in landscape mode. i did it with my g1

PinkoCommie

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I think xenophon has it correct. .15 which is 15 hundreths, but he called it 15 tenths.

Unlike the guys that originally said "fifteen tenths", you and xenophon have actually completed high school math. How come idiots who don't know the difference between .15 and 1.5 (or 15/10 and 15/100) have the dang phone, but we don't?

:eek:

zhens

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Unlike the guys that originally said "fifteen tenths", you and xenophon have actually completed high school math. How come idiots who don't know the difference between .15 and 1.5 (or 15/10 and 15/100) have the dang phone, but we don't?

:eek:

Is that a shot at me?

zhens

May 12, 2010
Visit site
That would be "fifteen hundredths of an inch (0.15") wider that the iPhone. Fifteen tenths would be 1.5" wider. Yikes!

Obviously I know this...you all must have not sensed the sarcasm in my original post. I was trying to highlight how moronic the guy sounded throughout his entire pitch.

italiangspot

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
on my hero rooted with 2.1 u can launch the clock application for nighttime and when u put in landscape the screen turns as well ...

so its a dim nightlight clock with alarm

zhens

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No -- it's a shot at the dude that said it to you. You put in between quotation marks, and I read that to mean "this is what the guy said to me, I did not make this up".

Very good. I assumed you had watched the video. The guy showing off the EVO in the video is the one who said it. Good day to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11