Hard reset instructions requested

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've searched, but cannot find detailed instructions on what the ENTIRE wipe and restore process is for my EVO. Particularly the restore part.

I used My backup pro to backup apps & data. I have as many apps as possible loaded onto my SD card, which is also backed up on my laptop. (4G worth)

I'm considering wiping due to low memory storage space, I am around 45M. I've read that since all the upgrades have been done on my phone, I might benefit from the reset in terms of low memory issues. (i don't have that much crap on my Evo). I guess the theory is that sometimes you gotta start fresh.

TIA,
adam

Sent from me to you

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Two ways to do a factory wipe. First is turn off fastboot in menu>setting>application. Now turn your phone off completely. Hold volume down button and power button at the same.time till your hboot menu shows up. This will be a bright white screen and three android on skateboards at the bottom. Give it about 40 seconds as it will look for a few different files which it won't find, this is normal. Use the volume up and down button to navigate and power button to choose and confirm selection. Now just navigate to reset and hit power to choose it. Now hit up to accept it and it will wipe your device.

Easier way is menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset. And it will.reset your device.

Basically this wipe is putting it back to its 100% stock form. It will be just like opening.it new out of the box and setting it up. Only thing that will be there is your Google contacts. Nothing saved on your SD card gets wiped so.don't worry about that.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, do how do I go about rebuilding my phone? I have my apps backed up using My Backup Pro. What do I do, go to market place, reinstall my backup pro, them restore from my SD files?

Will I get my profile back? How?

TIA

Sent from me to you

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have never used My Backup Pro but if it backs up all you apps in a APK file, then you should only have to download the My Backup Pro app. After you download that then it should be able to reload your apps as long as they are backed up to your SD Card. If they were backed up onto your phone and you wiped it, then they are gone.

When you refer to profile, what exactly are you speaking of? Are you referring to you home screen layout and wall paper or something else?

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
After you do a clean wipe of your phone, you would have to load the wallpaper and widgets manually to restore them to where you had them before.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
After you do a clean wipe of your phone, you would have to load the wallpaper and widgets manually to restore them to where you had them before.

That is if you are using the stock sense launcher. If you use a 3 rd party launcher they usually allow you to.back.them.up.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2