05-21-2010 09:07 AM
53 123
tools
    I was also at I/O and I sat next to an HTC Engineer at lunch yesterday.

He was very nice and during our conversation I asked about FroYo and he said that it is coming but at this point it would be a little premature to set a firm date(probably official company line).

He did mention that he believes with FroYo battery life would improve some on the EVO, but he was quick to remind me that the above statement was his thoughts and not official company line.

The conversation then turned to my line of work and we discussed my thoughts on certain things (none related to Android/FroYo/or mobile platforms in general) which took up the remainder of lunch and I was unable to ask any other Android related questions (I am not sure if that was purposeful on his part to take some pressure off of him or if he was generally interested in my line of work(which is possible as to an Engineer I do have a pretty cool job).

Dan
    05-21-2010 08:22 AM
    I would put my money on November 2010. HTC's problem is that they are too busy rolling out new phones to spend much time updating the old ones. The EVO will have a special ROM due to some of the hardware differences it has as well as sense. Patience will be the name of the game. If you want 2.2 sooner than later then just wait a month and buy the next Android device that will surely be released right after the EVO.
    05-21-2010 08:34 AM
    I would put my money on November 2010. HTC's problem is that they are too busy rolling out new phones to spend much time updating the old ones. The EVO will have a special ROM due to some of the hardware differences it has as well as sense. Patience will be the name of the game. If you want 2.2 sooner than later then just wait a month and buy the next Android device that will surely be released right after the EVO.
    while i don't doubt that this could take a while, i don't think it's for the reasons you state. HTC has different teams that work on getting phones out, and I'm willing to bet that different teams works on different updates for different phones. I could be wrong, but I'm just assuming here. That said, I hope it's before November, but wouldn't doubt it.
    05-21-2010 09:07 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD