HDMI out - Video Only?

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I assume it is video only... I assume this because when they were demoing the phone they had a camera proped up to it if they could simply use the interface through hdmi why wouldent they do that?

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
I think that is a great question. I really like that the TP2 allows navigation through Windows Mobile. Possibly something that software could change, would be nice.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
isn't all HDMI out video only? my guess is you'll need a stereo connector from headset to audio device a la iphone if you want component HD audio.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
isn't all HDMI out video only? my guess is you'll need a stereo connector from headset to audio device a la iphone if you want component HD audio.

I think what he meant was will the EVO only do video out? Will it be able to just display EVERYTHING on screen that the evo shows. Which i dont think is the case, it will only show movies/games

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
The HDMI cable carries video AND audio, although I think Holsum is correct in what the OP was asking.

i did not know this. so does my new Sony 52" LCD TV's HDMI input feed audio to the TV speakers as well as video? so if i plug in -

EVO------HDMI------>LCD TV

will this provide my TV with both video and audio?

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
And I'm hoping I can plug in ...

Upcoming Slingplayer app for Android running on EVO---HDMI---HDMI/Composite Converter--->Toyota Siena DVD Player Inputs

so I can take my DirecTV with me on road trips.

=)

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The API update to support HDMI out implies that only apps coded to use it will be able to. In order to get HDMI out all the time, I guess the kernel would need to be updated? We can't even write a screen capture app, so I seriously doubt someone could put together an HDMI-out all the time app.

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be cool to use the HDMI out for web browsing. Say you want to display the Andriodcentral forums on your big screen, that would be sweet. Just for kicks you could use a bluetooth keyboard/mouse for navigation.