05-30-2010 08:36 AM
64 123
tools
    Unfortunately, I won't have my hands on that baby on the 4th, but a few days after. Its because I am ordering over the phone. I already have a personal Sprint representative who is giving me very nice discounts.
    05-20-2010 07:30 PM
    just got another few people to join in on the campout. They liked the idea they can **** on iphones now more than ever.
    05-22-2010 11:04 AM
    i was thinking about going to the sprint store one or two hours early, is there anyone camping out in the galveston area?
    05-22-2010 12:00 PM
    Anyone else joining the campout ? I've decided to just go ahead and do it !

Based on if their opening at 8am or not will determine what time me and the crew will be arriving.... im guessing 5am if their opening at 8am. if 10am, we'll prolly get there around 7am
    05-27-2010 03:56 PM
    just got another few people to join in on the campout. They liked the idea they can **** on iphones now more than ever.
    Just an observation, but as an iPhone 3GS user who is very interested in trying the new EVO on launch day, I find it amusing how many people feel the need to put down iPhone users. To quote Oscar Wilde, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
    05-27-2010 04:00 PM
    An iPhone is all hype, Honestly I know about 10 people who have them and only got them cause they were the "In thing" Apple and people glorify it to be the best smartphone device ever. And its not. Yea 85 million people bought one around the world, doesnt mean its the best. Palm WebOS is a million times better of a UI and experience than an iPhone.

The iPhone is so locked down its ridiculous. Its YOUR device, why is apple telling you how and what you can have on YOUR device ?

For the average consumer they could care less and are blind to the fact cause they get to walk around with their friends and "be cool"

I could go on for days, but another device to come out that continues to let people know their are better choices out there is a win.

My Device, I'll put whatever I want on it, root it if I want, tether if I want, put any app on it I want without apples approval, etc.. All without having to "jailbreak" it from factory....

WebOS and Android are the most customizable phones on the market.
    05-27-2010 08:38 PM
    i will be going to the sprint store a couple hours early by my place. i went to this same store for the pre on launch day and would never buy a phone from bestbuy and for sure not radio shack. and like someone said earlier in the forum, its part of the fun of getting the phone!
    05-27-2010 09:42 PM
    I pre-ordered from BB. I never buy from Sprint any more. The one and only time I did that I ordered 3 new phones for my family and they sent me 9 and it took months to get my account straightened out. Since then I buy from BB and have never had a problem.
    05-27-2010 09:49 PM
    I was but I really wanted to get this phone on day 1 so I just pre ordered from best buy.
    05-27-2010 10:15 PM
    7 days away, hopefully 7 days from now we'll be sitting here enjoying our EVO's
    05-28-2010 11:25 AM
    Weather is the one thing possibly putting a hitch in my plan. By no means will it stop me from camping out but the forcast being filled with rain isn't any fun either. At the Pre launch which was July I believe? It was well below average temps here and was very cold but rain could be even worse.
    05-28-2010 02:22 PM
    Am I allowed to bring a tent?
    05-28-2010 02:33 PM
    There is no need to camp. Sprint and HTC ordered large supplies of the phones and now that Sprint has the added $10 Evo tax demand will be very modest for a phone of this caliber.

Order online. Stop in a store at lunch. Wait until after work.

No rush.

Ill bet my EVO they will be sold out of EVERY major location before cob on the 4th?

and yes i will fly to where you are to take yours off your hands if u are up for a friendly wager?
    05-28-2010 02:49 PM
    I'll be camping out simply because I don't trust the all to easy line "ohh yeaaa, we'll have plenty so no need to come early or worry" .. quite the opposite too many times in my experience..
    05-28-2010 03:39 PM
    Weather is the one thing possibly putting a hitch in my plan. By no means will it stop me from camping out but the forcast being filled with rain isn't any fun either. At the Pre launch which was July I believe? It was well below average temps here and was very cold but rain could be even worse.
    Rain is better, Less people to be there to wait !
    05-28-2010 03:39 PM
    No. I will not camp out for a phone. I can wait a week or two for the furor to die down.
    05-28-2010 03:43 PM
    Camping out for a phone is so Apple, should have just pre-ordered!
    05-28-2010 04:05 PM
    A lot of people preordered the iPhone 3GS, keeping many lines very short.
    05-28-2010 04:06 PM
    dude, I camped out for the Pre... Not worth it. Save yourself the headache. It'll be worse than dealing with pre-order.
    05-28-2010 04:33 PM
    What is an iphone?

Just an observation, but as an iPhone 3GS user who is very interested in trying the new EVO on launch day, I find it amusing how many people feel the need to put down iPhone users. To quote Oscar Wilde, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
    05-28-2010 05:08 PM
    Concert tickets deserves camping out status, a phone; not so much IMHO
    05-28-2010 05:15 PM
    No. I will not camp out for a phone. I can wait a week or two for the furor to die down.
    dude, I camped out for the Pre... Not worth it. Save yourself the headache. It'll be worse than dealing with pre-order.

Seems like a lot of haters towards camping out.. Considering this was a thread asking "Who is camping out?" not "Who thinks people should pre order instead of camping out"?

I personally don't have a best buy mobile within 100miles of where I live or a radioshack I would go to. Let alone the fact that the full retail price is higher at radioshack and Bestbuy it kind of takes the preorder idea straight out possibility for me.

My first "campout" was for the Pre, I have had many friends over the years campout for either the iPhone, PS3, 360 or other release devices and they all talked about the buzz surrounding the event the night before as you wait outside with other game or tech junkies waiting in anticipation and equally as crazy as you are.

I had a blast camping for the Pre, I met a bunch of awesome people and I was mid way through a line that stretched beyond what I thought was possible. I remember thinking "All these people came out of this city just for this phone?" i was astounded at the fact that people knew about it ahead of launch and decided to camp.

To each their own and like I have said before, I will be happily camping for the evo this time coming more prepared with a chair, something I seemed to forget on the Pre launch.
    05-28-2010 05:15 PM
    when you say campout how early are we talking?
    05-28-2010 06:33 PM
    My girlfriend and I got out of our movie around 2am maybe? We probably got there around 3am and were number 9 in line? Probably do the same this time, movie at midnight, sometime after end up in line.
    05-28-2010 10:36 PM
    I camped out for Christmas tickets to the White house a couple years ago.
    Drove 4 hours and waited for 5hours and was still 260th in line. Lots of fun though.
    Got to BB for my Pre about an hour 45 minutes early IIRC and got the last spot, there was only 4 available.
    There was people minutes behind me, so I got "lucky". That was fun too.

I'm #1 on the Pre order list at BB but I may show up a few minutes early to see if anybody's camping out and have some fun before I get the Evo.
    05-29-2010 12:45 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD