Who's Camping out ?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
There is no need to camp. Sprint and HTC ordered large supplies of the phones and now that Sprint has the added $10 Evo tax demand will be very modest for a phone of this caliber.

Order online. Stop in a store at lunch. Wait until after work.

No rush.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't take off work to wait in line so I am at the mercy of what is left after I get off work. Hopefully they have a ton of inventory on hand.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately for me I can't get my EVO until july 1. Fortunately for me I shouldn't have to camp out or pre order my EVO. I think by then there will be plenty of EVO's in stock and waiting for me !

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I'm walking distance from a Sprint store, so I'll just walk in when they open, then go into work late. Inventory usually isn't a problem in SoCal unless you're shopping after work.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
There is no need to camp. Sprint and HTC ordered large supplies of the phones and now that Sprint has the added $10 Evo tax demand will be very modest for a phone of this caliber.

No rush.

I wish we had an estimate of how many each store got, either way I want it as soon as I can get my hands on it !

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I won't have my hands on that baby on the 4th, but a few days after. Its because I am ordering over the phone. I already have a personal Sprint representative who is giving me very nice discounts.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
just got another few people to join in on the campout. They liked the idea they can **** on iphones now more than ever.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else joining the campout ? I've decided to just go ahead and do it !

Based on if their opening at 8am or not will determine what time me and the crew will be arriving.... im guessing 5am if their opening at 8am. if 10am, we'll prolly get there around 7am

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
just got another few people to join in on the campout. They liked the idea they can **** on iphones now more than ever.

Just an observation, but as an iPhone 3GS user who is very interested in trying the new EVO on launch day, I find it amusing how many people feel the need to put down iPhone users. To quote Oscar Wilde, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." :)

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
An iPhone is all hype, Honestly I know about 10 people who have them and only got them cause they were the "In thing" Apple and people glorify it to be the best smartphone device ever. And its not. Yea 85 million people bought one around the world, doesnt mean its the best. Palm WebOS is a million times better of a UI and experience than an iPhone.

The iPhone is so locked down its ridiculous. Its YOUR device, why is apple telling you how and what you can have on YOUR device ?

For the average consumer they could care less and are blind to the fact cause they get to walk around with their friends and "be cool"

I could go on for days, but another device to come out that continues to let people know their are better choices out there is a win.

My Device, I'll put whatever I want on it, root it if I want, tether if I want, put any app on it I want without apples approval, etc.. All without having to "jailbreak" it from factory....

WebOS and Android are the most customizable phones on the market.

austin.n

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i will be going to the sprint store a couple hours early by my place. i went to this same store for the pre on launch day and would never buy a phone from bestbuy and for sure not radio shack. and like someone said earlier in the forum, its part of the fun of getting the phone!

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered from BB. I never buy from Sprint any more. The one and only time I did that I ordered 3 new phones for my family and they sent me 9 and it took months to get my account straightened out. Since then I buy from BB and have never had a problem.

JoshH37#WN

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Weather is the one thing possibly putting a hitch in my plan. By no means will it stop me from camping out but the forcast being filled with rain isn't any fun either. At the Pre launch which was July I believe? It was well below average temps here and was very cold but rain could be even worse.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

No rush.

Ill bet my EVO they will be sold out of EVERY major location before cob on the 4th?

and yes i will fly to where you are to take yours off your hands if u are up for a friendly wager?

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I'll be camping out simply because I don't trust the all to easy line "ohh yeaaa, we'll have plenty so no need to come early or worry" .. quite the opposite too many times in my experience..

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Weather is the one thing possibly putting a hitch in my plan. By no means will it stop me from camping out but the forcast being filled with rain isn't any fun either. At the Pre launch which was July I believe? It was well below average temps here and was very cold but rain could be even worse.

Rain is better, Less people to be there to wait !