Who's Camping out ?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
What is an iphone?

Just an observation, but as an iPhone 3GS user who is very interested in trying the new EVO on launch day, I find it amusing how many people feel the need to put down iPhone users. To quote Oscar Wilde, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." :)

JoshH37#WN

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
No. I will not camp out for a phone. I can wait a week or two for the furor to die down.

Camping out for a phone is so Apple, should have just pre-ordered!

dude, I camped out for the Pre... Not worth it. Save yourself the headache. It'll be worse than dealing with pre-order.

Seems like a lot of haters towards camping out.. Considering this was a thread asking "Who is camping out?" not "Who thinks people should pre order instead of camping out"?

I personally don't have a best buy mobile within 100miles of where I live or a radioshack I would go to. Let alone the fact that the full retail price is higher at radioshack and Bestbuy it kind of takes the preorder idea straight out possibility for me.

My first "campout" was for the Pre, I have had many friends over the years campout for either the iPhone, PS3, 360 or other release devices and they all talked about the buzz surrounding the event the night before as you wait outside with other game or tech junkies waiting in anticipation and equally as crazy as you are.

I had a blast camping for the Pre, I met a bunch of awesome people and I was mid way through a line that stretched beyond what I thought was possible. I remember thinking "All these people came out of this city just for this phone?" i was astounded at the fact that people knew about it ahead of launch and decided to camp.

To each their own and like I have said before, I will be happily camping for the evo this time coming more prepared with a chair, something I seemed to forget on the Pre launch.

JoshH37#WN

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend and I got out of our movie around 2am maybe? We probably got there around 3am and were number 9 in line? Probably do the same this time, movie at midnight, sometime after end up in line.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I camped out for Christmas tickets to the White house a couple years ago.
Drove 4 hours and waited for 5hours and was still 260th in line. Lots of fun though.
Got to BB for my Pre about an hour 45 minutes early IIRC and got the last spot, there was only 4 available.
There was people minutes behind me, so I got "lucky". That was fun too.

I'm #1 on the Pre order list at BB but I may show up a few minutes early to see if anybody's camping out and have some fun before I get the Evo.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Its always nice to meet people that are into phone tech as much as you are. I just got the G/F to stop calling me "nerd" after I got her hooked on tweaking her Pixi !

breakinghbts#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely be camping out, so to speak. I figure if the store opens @ 8a, then I'll set my alarm for 5, shower, and head out. I'm hoping they'll be some others camping out, it'd be fun to have people to chit chat with, while we wait.

I got my pre on launch day, but did not camp out, woke up around 11, and went to the store at noon time, no problem with stock at my local store. I'm pretty sure the EVO will be similiar, but this is a much bigger phone, so i imagine there will be higher demand.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why people keep comparing this phone to the Pre....the Pre was nowhere near as popular as the Evo

I don't know if that's true or not, I haven't seen any advertisements here locally and I haven't seen any on TV. Hell the sprint store only had one lil poster when I was in there last week....

I remember the hype for the Pre being bigger....

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why people keep comparing this phone to the Pre....the Pre was nowhere near as popular as the Evo
Actually the Pre was wildly popular, still is in a few circles.
If stores had inventory on hand it would've been a much better launch.
My launch day Pre crapped out a few days later and I could not get a replacement for about a month.
That turned a lot of people off and then the fragility of the phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech