Best Buy To Offer Free Bluetooth With Evo Activations

smprfi1999

May 25, 2010
Visit site
If you preordered at BB then you will get one. I just spoke with the area supervisor for BB mobile. She said that everyone that preordered before the 22 is going to get one on launch day:D

thanks fone i keep getting diffrent info from diffrent employes ..i was worried id have to go stand in line at sprint

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey, twan...thanks for taking time to field questions. I have a couple that you may or may not know. I also understand that not every store will handle things the exact same, but I'd take whatever answer you can give...

1. At my BB, I was somewhere around 40 on the list. If I get to the store first, will I get my phone first despite my number on the list?
2. This question I actually already asked twice to my BB store and got two different answers. I am on a family plan and Sprint messed up my rebate status. I used another line on my account to preorder the phone as a last resort, but I was able to "fix" things with Sprint. My question, does it matter what number I used to preorder the phone? Will I now need both phones present?
3. Continuing with my last question, sprint agreed to credit my account the difference instead of showing in the system that I am eligible for a $150 upgrade. Will this cause problems when I do try to upgrade? I will be 1 year into my contract, so I am at least eligible for the $75 rebate. Does this mean the phone will cost 275? My problem is that they made a mistake with my sprint premiere status and I should be eligible for the full $150 instead of the $75. Anyway, this is my dilemma.
4. I plan to trade-in my Palm Pre. I understand this is a Geek Squad thing, but do you know how this works? Can I do this before I get the Evo so I can use the gift card toward my purchase?

Thanks for looking.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey, twan...thanks for taking time to field questions. I have a couple that you may or may not know. I also understand that not every store will handle things the exact same, but I'd take whatever answer you can give...

1. At my BB, I was somewhere around 40 on the list. If I get to the store first, will I get my phone first despite my number on the list?
2. This question I actually already asked twice to my BB store and got two different answers. I am on a family plan and Sprint messed up my rebate status. I used another line on my account to preorder the phone as a last resort, but I was able to "fix" things with Sprint. My question, does it matter what number I used to preorder the phone? Will I now need both phones present?
3. Continuing with my last question, sprint agreed to credit my account the difference instead of showing in the system that I am eligible for a $150 upgrade. Will this cause problems when I do try to upgrade? I will be 1 year into my contract, so I am at least eligible for the $75 rebate. Does this mean the phone will cost 275? My problem is that they made a mistake with my sprint premiere status and I should be eligible for the full $150 instead of the $75. Anyway, this is my dilemma.
4. I plan to trade-in my Palm Pre. I understand this is a Geek Squad thing, but do you know how this works? Can I do this before I get the Evo so I can use the gift card toward my purchase?

Thanks for looking.

1-Yes, Unless your particular store is doing appointments, if so you will have to go at the time that the set up.
2-The number that you used to pre order doesn't matter, all that matters is that you paid the $50 to pre order, we'll upgrade any line that is eligible to updrade.
3-If the system shows that you are eligible by 6-1-2010 then it we should be able to do it with no problem... if sprint just notated the account then we will have to call to have our computers show that we can do it for you.
4-yes, you can go to the geek squad today and pick up your store credit.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
3-If the system shows that you are eligible by 6-1-2010 then it we should be able to do it with no problem... if sprint just notated the account then we will have to call to have our computers show that we can do it for you.
Sorry to bug you again, but I am still a bit unclear.

3. If I was eligible for just the $75 rebate (instead of the full $150), would the phone cost $275? or more? I ask cause Sprint told me that they would credit my account after the purchase. I would just need to call in for the credits to be applied. With that being said, I heard that the discounts are not the same if you do not have the full $150 upgrade, i.e you do not receive any rebates. I'm hoping this doesn't mean I have to spend a lot of money upfront.

Just to put numerical values to my words...lets say the EVO costs $500.

Normally, it would be....
500 - 50(instant rebate) - 100(mail-in...instant at BB) - $150(upgrade) = 200

My case would probably be one of the following if I understand correctly:
500 - 50(instant rebate) - 100(mail-in...instant at BB) - $75(upgrade) = 275

or

500 - $75(upgrade) = 425

Hopefully this makes sense.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bug you again, but I am still a bit unclear.

3. If I was eligible for just the $75 rebate (instead of the full $150), would the phone cost $275? or more? I ask cause Sprint told me that they would credit my account after the purchase. I would just need to call in for the credits to be applied. With that being said, I heard that the discounts are not the same if you do not have the full $150 upgrade, i.e you do not receive any rebates. I'm hoping this doesn't mean I have to spend a lot of money upfront.

Just to put numerical values to my words...lets say the EVO costs $500.

Normally, it would be....
500 - 50(instant rebate) - 100(mail-in...instant at BB) - $150(upgrade) = 200

My case would probably be one of the following if I understand correctly:
500 - 50(instant rebate) - 100(mail-in...instant at BB) - $75(upgrade) = 275

or

500 - $75(upgrade) = 425

Hopefully this makes sense.

You just get $75 off the full retail price. No other discounts.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You just get $75 off the full retail price. No other discounts.
Man, I was hoping that was not the case. I haven't had issues with Sprint recently, but I dread having to ask them to credit me a couple hundred. I really wish they didn't mess up my premiere status...

Kimcheenation

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
No Bluetooth from Best Buys

It's true, I would post the official e-mail that i received from corporate office but i don't know if they consider that confidential and I don't want to get in trouble.

I got my Evo 3G today from Best Buy in Paramus, NJ but they did not give me a free bluetooth unit? What should I do? Thank you.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
We got the bluetooth headsets at the Altamonte Springs (Orlando FL area). They would not let us substitute anything different for them however. I really wanted a more expensive headset.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
We got the bluetooth headsets at the Altamonte Springs (Orlando FL area). They would not let us substitute anything different for them however. I really wanted a more expensive headset.

that is because that plantronic set is discontinuing its model and costs about $11 to buy from the warehouse.....

they are ripping you off BIG TIME with that set..

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
The headset is a pile of poop. The piece that goes behind your ear looks small enough that it would only fit a child, and no i dont have big ears.

I wanted to punch the manager at best buy in the head because everytime asked to substitute she was like "NO OURS IS BETTER THAN RADIO SHACK BECAUSE ITS A 40$ VALUE".

I could poop a turd worth more than that headset.

edq

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the charger for the Plandtronics headset fits the EVO. I'm assuming it's safe to use. Anyone know for sure? I'm too much of a wuss to plug it in to find out myself. With my luck, I'd fry the EVO the 2nd day I had it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC