06-21-2010 10:36 PM
64 123
tools
    delete
    05-20-2010 11:56 PM
    150 dollar premium for 2 weeks of coolness? Not getting that.
    sorry I was away from my computer so didn't have a chance to reply to anyone but anyway, to me it was a awesome deal. I bought one which was sent overnight so will have it actually tomorrow or saturday for $560 and I sold my pre-ordered one already on ebay for $550 it was listed as a pre-order so the person on ebay knows that it will be shipped on June 4th, so the fact that I had the oportunity to also sell my hero for $225 I think this is a awsome deal since I would be forced to use a dumb phone and its only costing me $10 extra to get it 2 weeks in advance. I will be on these forums all next week so if anyone has any questions I will be more then happy to answer them.
    05-20-2010 11:56 PM
    sorry I was away from my computer so didn't have a chance to reply to anyone but anyway, to me it was a awesome deal. I bought one which was sent overnight so will have it actually tomorrow or saturday for $560 and I sold my pre-ordered one already on ebay for $550 it was listed as a pre-order so the person on ebay knows that it will be shipped on June 4th, so the fact that I had the oportunity to also sell my hero for $225 I think this is a awsome deal since I would be forced to use a dumb phone and its only costing me $10 extra to get it 2 weeks in advance. I will be on these forums all next week so if anyone has any questions I will be more then happy to answer them.
    That $550 presale on eBay is going to cost you around $60 in eBay and PayPal fees & shipping. I recently sold my iPhone 3GS for $697 and it cost me close to $70 between all that (shipping was high because I fully insured it and made sure an adult signature was required).
    05-21-2010 08:18 AM
    I just cannot see paying a premium price for a phone that you can have in two weeks. It'd be one thing if this happened a couple of months ago. You'd be one bad dude having the EVO back in March. Two weeks early = meh.
    05-21-2010 09:14 AM
    I just cannot see paying a premium price for a phone that you can have in two weeks. It'd be one thing if this happened a couple of months ago. You'd be one bad dude having the EVO back in March. Two weeks early = meh.
    ya but also consider that I have sold my HTC Hero for $225 and when the evo is available I probably won't be able to sell it for more then like $150 at the most. So I'm not really loosing any money.
    05-21-2010 09:30 AM
    if you have the money, right on.
    05-21-2010 09:34 AM
    well don't really have any extra money I just needed a phone and already had a buyer on craigslist to buy my HTC Hero for $225 so I would be without a phone which in my opinion was the best solution.

Also as far as ebay fees the guy just paypaled me the money so all I had to pay is $9 for paypal fees and will have to pay for shipping but the guy payed seperately for shipping so really I'm just paying $20 total extra to have an evo now. Anyway I'm excited should be here later today.
    05-21-2010 09:52 AM
    What is most interesting is that the phone boots up in under 40 seconds. My heading-for-oblivion Pre takes about THREE MINUTES to wind up. Simply terrible and inexcusable. And soon not to be my problem.
    Drives me freakin nuts. I'll be glad to be done with that problem.
    05-21-2010 10:00 AM
    if you have the money, right on.
    well don't really have any extra money I just needed a phone and already had a buyer on craigslist to buy my HTC Hero for $225 so I would be without a phone which in my opinion was the best solution.

Also as far as ebay fees the guy just paypaled me the money so all I had to pay is $9 for paypal fees and will have to pay for shipping but the guy payed seperately for shipping so really I'm just paying $20 total extra to have an evo now. Anyway I'm excited should be here later today.
    Congrats mate.
    05-21-2010 11:55 AM
    nice arbitrage. i hope it all works out and your best laid plan doesn't all go to hell somewhere.

we expect an immediate review with photos/video asap.
    05-21-2010 12:00 PM
    Out of jealousy, I am hating on everyone who has it now...
    05-21-2010 12:03 PM
    T minus 2 weeks!
    05-21-2010 12:06 PM
    Can't wait!!!
    05-21-2010 03:35 PM
    So just curious... anyone still using the "one free month" of service on their Google i/o Evo? I thought the service would've been cut off last night, but it's still going strong...
    06-21-2010 10:36 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD