I preordered the EVO at my local best buy for delivery on June 4 and they called me the same day to set my "appt" to have me come in and get my phone. They open at 9 am in my area but told me there were no availabilities between 9 am and 1 pm so I made my appt for 8 pm that day since i normally work until 6 pm anyways. My question is this, if i just go in at 9 when they open and tell them i wont be able to make my appt that evening after all for whatever reason, could i still get my device at 9 am or can they throw me a curve ball and make me wait for a few days later and force me to make another appt?
    05-20-2010 08:07 PM
    Prob not. Im not a Best Buy rep ether but if you go to the doctors and say I can't make it at a later time, can you see me now? They will tell you they would have to make another appt. That's the whole point of making the appt's because they don't want to over crowed with people trying to buy the phone at once. You don't want them messing up your order. It just takes time to make a new account and/or add a new line.
    05-20-2010 08:18 PM
    Does it make a difference if im doing an upgrade. I already have an account set up. It would basically just be an ESN swap pretty much.
    05-20-2010 08:27 PM
    I'd call your local Best Buy and ask them. Tell them that you *might* not be able to make it at 8pm, and was wondering if coming in at 9am or 10am would be a problem. Best Buy isn't exactly known for friendly ustomer service, so I cant tell you what to expect. Good luck, tho!
    05-20-2010 08:30 PM
    The reason they are having you set up an appointment is because they are trying not to waste your time as a customer. They should have a few employees that are dedicated to pre-order appointments, and the others to the walk-in customers that come in. That way everyone that comes in for their appointment, and customers that happen to be shopping for anything besides the Evo get served in a timely manner.
    If everyone that wants a Evo rushes the door at 9am, they will be standing around waiting for a while.

Maybe if you want to take your chances and wait around in the department, you can get it early. But if you're not the patient type, having an appointment should get you in and out in as timely manner as possible.
    05-20-2010 09:46 PM
    Does it make a difference if im doing an upgrade. I already have an account set up. It would basically just be an ESN swap pretty much.
    Upgrade or not, their is still a contract that needs to be renewed, and required add-on features that may need to be applied.

To get in and out as fast as possible, have everything ready that they will need for the activation and sales transaction:

Have your Photo ID easily available for the associate.

Know your account Password (6-10 digit number not Sprint.com password) Call Sprint and get them to reset it or re-send it to you.

Have your RewardZone card with you, or re-print the barcode from www.myrz.com so they don't have to look it up.

DO NOT POWER ON THE DEVICE until the associate has it activated on your line of service. If you do the auto-program can sometimes screw up, and then they may have to contact Sprint for manual programming instructions.

Let them know early in the sale if you would like them to try and transfer your phonebook. They generally only have one device per-store to transfer a phonebook. If you let them know they can grab the appropriate cables and possibly start the transfer on the loading screens.

If you have the above ready, the associate should have everything they need to do their job and should be able to get you activated and on your way as fast as possible.
    05-20-2010 10:07 PM
    I think by now some employees know the full price of the device. Any of you on here know??
    05-20-2010 10:42 PM
    Oh c'mon. I know someone at least knows. We are all waiting on you best buy lol
    05-21-2010 02:19 PM
    The price off contract from Sprint is 450 dollars. Best Buy's will be higher.
    05-21-2010 02:41 PM
    i know that already. RS is 499.99. I want to know how much tax im going to pay lol
    05-21-2010 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD