What will you upgrade to?

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
What will all you Evo users upgrade to?

I would like to think about upgrading some time soon....but not sure to what.

I have no interest in 3D. I think I might be bored with an iphone after having the Evo. Thinking about the Samsung Galaxy 2 but heard Samsung isn't great with updates...so...I don't know.

I'd love to hear what others are doing!
:)

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My opinions!:

Evo 3D is nice, and the 3D feature is just a gimmick anyway.

I don't really care much for Samsung's UI. Looks too iPhoney (haha).

Samsung isn't the only player that's bad on updates. There are still some HTC phones barely getting GB after all. I can't remember what ones though... the not-so-popular ones I'm sure.

I tried playing with an iPhone and I couldn't stand it. I need my widgets!

As for upgrading, I don't know yet. At first I really wanted the Evo 3D, but I couldn't let my Evo go. Plus, my upgrade isn't until May of 2012, so I'm hoping Sprint gets some better phones by then. Really the only good ones it has are the SGSII and the Evo 3D at the moment. Personally, I'd wait until Q1 next year. Lots of new phones carrying new tech will be out.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest. I really don't know. I have the same OG EVO from launch and rooted. Nothing has really caught my eye. The developement on this phone is still great. Trust and believe.

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Agree with eldub1 I do. This phone still has more activity than many Android phones. Just look how it's still always on the top of the right-side home screen list on AC. I'm glad it's so popular within the community. I'm like you, I feel I should be upgrading by now, but I just haven't found a reason or a phone worthy of an upgrade. Maybe ICS will change that... or NFC... I just don't want to waste an upgrade on 'a faster processor and more memory' mobile device.

stacey0313

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to grab the Galaxy Nexus, otherwise I'll wait to see what HTC and Sprint launch in the EVO line in the Spring. Hopefully they'll lose the 3D, not a fan of it. I still love my EVO 4G, hoping that CM brings it some ICS but other then that I'm very happy.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i have no idea of what i'd like. i've had my evo for about a year now, and still LOVE it. i'm sure there are other devices with multiple processors, more memory, etc... but i'm not itching for a new platform at the moment.

i figure that if i get bored with it, i could flash a new rom and have a new (to me) phone.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of where I'm at. I've had my Evo for almost a year now, and I just love it. I'm thinking of rooting it soon, it sounds silly, but I wanted to wait until the warranty was up. I'm really excited to try out the roms that I've seen. I haven't really seen anything that I want to upgrade to either. I won't be eligible for about another year anyways. I'm sure there will be something out by then that'll take my interest.

Phrozen2nd

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting til June - July of next year to upgrade. I want to track what Sprint is going to do with their network upgrades 1st and see what LTE phones come to the NOW network.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
A GN, and it doesn't need to be on Sprint. If I did, I'd be miserable till next summer.

I'm at the point where the UI in ICS is good enough that I don't need vendor skins. And sick of the waiting game, will my phone get updated?, etc..

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
To be honest. I really don't know. I have the same OG EVO from launch and rooted. Nothing has really caught my eye. The developement on this phone is still great. Trust and believe.
+1 for those of you who are not rooted and running a custom rom and kernel?
You don't know what you are missing. I understand you are concerned about
Voiding your warranty? But once you have a taste of what it really means
To "own a evo with no restrictions" you will not go back to a stock evo by choice.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yet to get confirmation on any ROM including CM7 that has stock reliability 4G and GPS. That's what's stopped me.

:eek:

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

kdrod95

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
If the HTC Ville or Edge phones are out around the time I can upgrade, I'm getting one of those. The specs on those renders look sick.

Too bag I can't upgrade until June 2013.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing a popular consensus in this thread that the Evo 4G is STILL a excellent phone with no need to rush out and upgrade. I'm also in that camp. My Evo runs like a well-oiled machine since rooting and tweaking the thing and devs still continue to crank out the new roms. We even have ICS now (although I haven't flashed that one yet). Sure there are better screens and faster processors but just when I start to get bored I flash a new rom and feel like I just got home from the Sprint store with a new device.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I I went and got the EVO design 4g and It's is an exelent phone and 4 inch is not thqt much smaller and I wanted a phone with more memory and RAM and this will keep me going till they get an EVO on there LTE network

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk