What will you upgrade to?

Mofus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ideally I would like to upgrade to the GN, but who knows if, or when, it will come to Sprint? I am due for an upgrade in February, but I am going to wait until LTE phones start rolling out, however I am a bit worried about Lightsquared's GPS interference issues.

My EVO works perfectly fine with CM7. I have never run across an app that I can't run because my my old, "slow" processor. It's just that I have gadget lust and am always looking at the next best thing.

If not the Galaxy Nexus I really like the HTC Ville. While HTC's designs are tired I think their build quality is good, and they feel good in the hand. Also, I like their screens. Next time you hold a GN tilt it slightly off center and it totally looks blue.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Nothing that sprint has now. I'm not feeling any of their phones. Pay $400 for a non ice cream sandwich, non LTE, probably be considered "old in 3 months" device? Not me. Verizon is killing sprint device wise at the moment. They got the bionic, the razr and galaxy nexus. What do we got? A 2 month old (at least) Samsung galaxy s 2 touch 4g aka the dumbest name for a android phone ever and a freaking iphone. Nothing listed for the holidays and I got to pay a $300 bill next month. Sprint can blow me, that's how I feel at the moment. I'm gonna pay my bill, keep my EVO and wait to be impressed again. When sprint gets a HTC phone running at least sense 3.5 then I'm upgrading. I am NOT AT ALL fascinated by Ice cream sandwich. It looks like it was designed by a 12 yr old girl. I'm sticking with HTC sense. 3.5 is so sexy. but every carrier has a sense 3.5 device but ours. I can't even use sense 3.5 roms b/c 4G won't work until sprint gets a 3.5 HTC device (currently running Shooter3D). But that's just my 2 cents

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i'm not due for a new upgrade till May or June so i can't wait to see whats coming out by then but i do love my EVO3D

Same here, no upgrade until the first part of next year. Though I see no reason that I should get rid of my OG EVO, especially since there is still has a huge dev community surrounding it. Heck, there's already 2 ICS ROMs for the EVO. Only the Nexus S saw ICS before we did and Google just pulled the update because of some bad bugs while our devs are steadily pumping update after update for theirs. Until Sprint gets another Nexus I'll keep my beloved EVO. :D Now I'm going to raise a :beer: to my EVO as I put the worlds first touch screen recovery on such and "old" device...ha!

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Last edited:

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the epic touch. Its a great phone and blazin fast but i really miss my evo though. The evo had a charm about it though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
still waiting for the Sprint G-Nex.

give me the same phone as the Verizon G-Nex with the LTE chip turned off. then turn it on when Sprint's LTE is ready to go.

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Since I've had issues with Sense constantly crashing since the update to 2.3 I never want a skinned phone again. Sooner or later I'm getting myself a Nexus.

bebeau25

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded carriers and phone. Went to Verizon and couldn't be happier. Speeds are literally unbelievable. No more waiting for web pages to populate. Bought the razr and I love it. Loved my evo but wow is this phone awesome. The best part about the switch is I ended up with unlimited data on the best network in the country. Woot!!! Woot!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

donnie623

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The best part about the switch is I ended up with unlimited data on the best network in the country. Woot!!! Woot!!!
Unlimited data?? Yeah sure ya did. Hey maybe big red will give you a credit for those days (every other day) the "best network" was out of service. Haha

bebeau25

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 19904
He could haveunlimited data, when his mommy and daddy add a line to their current plan.

Parents are old and don't use cell phones...so stupid comment.

Unlimited data on verizon ??? Sure I have some nice ocean front property for sale also..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Not interested but thanks anyway.

Unlimited data?? Yeah sure ya did. Hey maybe big red will give you a credit for those days (every other day) the "best network" was out of service. Haha

Proof is in the pudding...oh wait proof is on my screen and my bill. Once again Woot!!! Woot!!! Still don't believe me look here.
Just got unlimited data added to my account today

48c071de-8d2b-6ae8.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I took the plunge, for atleast 14days. I went and picked up a Sammy 4GTouch. I must say,it does have a faster browser. Plus, I added my 16g card to the already built in 16g...NICE...Im getting used to the settings setup, which is similar to the Epic4G(of course), which I had also. Evo is for sale now, if nobdy buys within 14days, who knows.

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
You guys gotta admit you feel stupid LOL. When he first posted that I thought "unlimited data on vzn?" But then I realized you never know. I used to work for at&t handbills know companies make crazy deals to get new customers...if the credit is right

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Welp, Evo sold last night..so I say goodbye to you all. It was fun.
I took the plunge, for atleast 14days. I went and picked up a Sammy 4GTouch. I must say,it does have a faster browser. Plus, I added my 16g card to the already built in 16g...NICE...Im getting used to the settings setup, which is similar to the Epic4G(of course), which I had also. Evo is for sale now, if nobody buys within 14days, who knows.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I took the plunge, for atleast 14days. I went and picked up a Sammy 4GTouch. I must say,it does have a faster browser. Plus, I added my 16g card to the already built in 16g...NICE...Im getting used to the settings setup, which is similar to the Epic4G(of course), which I had also. Evo is for sale now, if nobdy buys within 14days, who knows.

not a big fan of the S4GT low resolution. look at icons and web pages vs. the OG EVO. EVO looks tighter and you can fit more web page on the display despite the smaller 4.3".

i am now considering the Samsung G-Note if it ever arrives on Sprint.

[Rumor] Galaxy Note Heading to Sprint ? Sprintfeed

i do like the G-Nex too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae