05-21-2010 07:35 PM
56 123
tools
    Anyone else hear anything along these lines?

I will update as I get details. I hope this isn't the case, but it sounds pretty legit.
    05-21-2010 08:35 AM
    source?
    05-21-2010 09:08 AM
    Do you want their name, address, phone number, and social security?
    05-21-2010 10:13 AM
    I don't think DNA is required, but you have basically just posted a random thought it seems.... where did you even hear this? From a Sprint rep? Best Buy? Radio Shack? Those things will contribute to the believability of your post.
    05-21-2010 10:16 AM
    Not gonna happen.
    05-21-2010 10:17 AM
    i heard they're delaying shipment to coat all phones in gold. my source said so. don't worry about where i get my info. they're legit.

my point is, you can't just post something with nothing to back it up. as EVO_girl said, you need to add something to give your comment credibility.
    05-21-2010 10:20 AM
    Hmmm ... NO!
    Anyone else hear anything along these lines?

I will update as I get details. I hope this isn't the case, but it sounds pretty legit.
    How is this possible when majority of stores already have the phones? LMAO
    I don't think DNA is required, but you have basically just posted a random thought it seems.... where did you even hear this? From a Sprint rep? Best Buy? Radio Shack? Those things will contribute to the believability of your post.
    It comes from someone more in the know than any of these people.

Most stores do not have the phones they will need for launch.

I will update with details as I find out. Believe what you may, that's fine, but I was just posting this to see if this corroborates anything that anyone else is hearing.
    05-21-2010 10:28 AM
    That's funny, I heard a rumor that it was getting Android 4.1 (Zeppole), 1TB built in memory and a 5THz Quantum CPU and would be released one week early.

Can't tell you where I heard this though.
    05-21-2010 10:29 AM
    apparently they have enough of these... just gave away 5,000 of them at I/O lol
    Do you want their name, address, phone number, and social security?
    I think they're asking if your source is a Sprint rep, BB rep, HTC rep, RS rep...

I mean, anyone could say that they'll have a shortage, doesn't mean it's true.. although doesn't make it false either, but around here (and most forums), people want to know the source, otherwise they flame like crazy (think flamethrower vs. marshellow).
    Dude, seriously, just wait on posting something like this until you actually have a source or a link you can share with us...

Its kind of common sense.
    05-21-2010 10:32 AM
    You all missed the point of my post - I was asking if anyone else heard...chill.
    05-21-2010 10:34 AM
    The Sprint CFO doesn't think there will be a shortage or delay.

"The Pre didn't work out as well as we hoped," he said. Brust said Sprint didn't have enough Pres to meet demand, which he said will not be an issue with the Evo"

http://www.webosnation.com/sprint-cf...-well-we-hoped
    05-21-2010 10:34 AM
    when i preordered, i ask the best buy rep about numbers and he said that they were told that they could presell as many as they wanted, it would be covered.

i doubt they wanna delay this past the new iphone.
    05-21-2010 10:37 AM
    when i preordered, i ask the best buy rep about numbers and he said that they were told that they could presell as many as they wanted, it would be covered.

i doubt they wanna delay this past the new iphone.
    This is something that happened yesterday
    05-21-2010 10:45 AM
    that's funny, i heard a rumor that it was getting android 4.1 (zeppole), 1tb built in memory and a 5thz quantum cpu and would be released one week early.

Can't tell you where i heard this though.
    lol!
    05-21-2010 10:48 AM
    This is something that happened yesterday
    i understand that, and if you're right, you're right. i'm sorry i just doubt it. you say you have a source that's legit, but you don't back it up with anything other than saying "i'm just asking if anyone heard the same thing". did you hear it from a sprint rep? htc rep? you have a family member or acquaintance involved in one of the parties? what's the reasoning they gave for the delay?

like i said, if you're right, i won't question you going forward. but i just don't see this happening...
    05-21-2010 10:50 AM
    Yeah I mean if you are right that would be huge but rolling that grenade out on the table in this forum like that without solid info is dangerous!:-) Can you give any basic info on who your contact is associated with and a reason for a supposed delay?
    05-21-2010 10:52 AM
    nothing to see here, move along
    05-21-2010 10:53 AM
    This isn't a flame war, its silly season.

Threads and topics tend to do this but its all in good fun.

OP, can't blame people for being inquisitive regarding information that doesn't jive with known facts. Especially since the majority are foaming at the mouths for the device that is inferior to the Incredible.
    05-21-2010 10:55 AM
    Especially since the majority are foaming at the mouths for the device that is inferior to the Incredible.
    And, since you've never compared the two, how do you know its "inferior" to the incredible?
    I can tell you I have returned my 2 Incredibles because of the horrific phone call quality, random reboots, and screen freezages..

is THAT what is considered a "superior" phone?
    05-21-2010 10:58 AM
    This isn't a flame war, its silly season.

Threads and topics tend to do this but its all in good fun.

OP, can't blame people for being inquisitive regarding information that doesn't jive with known facts. Especially since the majority are foaming at the mouths for the device that is inferior to the Incredible.
    Absolutely - don't blame anyone for that. When my buddy called me I had the same reaction. Waiting to hear from him later today. He wasn't sure about reasons and such.

Hopefully we will know more later today. Sorry to get everyone riled up - I was just looking to see if anyone else heard anything along these lines.
    05-21-2010 10:59 AM
    doubtful there is any delay, especially since they passed out thousands of them at Google IO yesterday...
    05-21-2010 11:00 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD