Unroot, or finish and go all the way?

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Background, running 2.2 with the partial stock cus I removed some of the crap using that TEMP ROOT method that was going around about a year ago...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...hacks/49333-how-stay-stock-get-rid-bloat.html

Anyway, I have some problems because I deleted the weather app and I get the dreaded popup "the process com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly...." I also get real low volume out of my ear speaker as if some software either got deleted that controls the volume or something, cuz I have had the speaker replaced 3 times, but they won't work on my phone further cuz it's "been rooted"

SO I'd like to know if the majority would say just total root and grab a good ROM that is up-to-date and has everything... or does the un-root method really work and maybe I can go back to stock so I can then try one of the latest updates? I'm stuck where I am, I cannot update or get back any APP I deleted.

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
THNX guys... only 1 small Q before I root this thing... DATA? I use Mybackup Pro now so will I be able to restore all data (contacts, texts, ect) using Mybackup after the root or do I need to use Titanium for all that now?

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It should work, but your contacts are backed up on Google's servers too and will be auto-synced when you re-log your phone into it.

I have no doubt that MyBackup Pro will work. Apps do the same function under any ROM and are universal (mostly).

Reactions: stlfrosti

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It should work, but your contacts are backed up on Google's servers too and will be auto-synced when you re-log your phone into it.

I have no doubt that MyBackup Pro will work. Apps do the same function under any ROM and are universal (mostly).

Agreed and Titanium Backup will work too.

Sent from my Decked Out HTC EVO with Tapatalk!

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Just an UPDATE:

I'm glad I went all the way... loaded the SrintLovers after using that tutorial to root... But now got the Warm Two-point-two and am loving it!!!

Phone is still only at 2.2 with 3.70 software so I'm wondering where is the best place to find mods or tweaks to that version to get the phone to run super fast or at least clock it high?

Anyone with any tips would be appreciated...

THNX in advance

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just an UPDATE:

I'm glad I went all the way... loaded the SrintLovers after using that tutorial to root... But now got the Warm Two-point-two and am loving it!!!

Phone is still only at 2.2 with 3.70 software so I'm wondering where is the best place to find mods or tweaks to that version to get the phone to run super fast or at least clock it high?

THNX in advance

I personally haved never used Warm Two-point-two but there are scripts you can use such as SuperchargerV6 which will improve you performance. You can also use ViperMod to undervolt your battery which will help your battery life. Search the forum for the how tos so you do everything correctly. I use both of those and I have a phone that is never laggy with a battery that lasts at least 18 hours. I also under clock my chip a little to help with the battery but that was done through the Decks 1.3d ROM.

Rascaldoc

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Just an UPDATE:

THNX in advance

I'm using SetCPU and am not sure it will work for overclocking but it sure helps for battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze