HTC Evo+4G+Mobile Hotspot Fee+Indoors=Fail?

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I read that a few people are planning to use the Mobile Hotspot feature on this phone and actually replace their regular internet service with it. If 4G is so weak inside how is it even possible that Sprint can charge $30 more to make the phone a WiFi hotspot when it will be touch and go at best to get 4G speeds while inside? My sister has Clear Internet and it is not very reliable according to her. I'm afraid that when this phone is launched a lot of complaints will be made about this feature's performance and give the phone a bad rep it doesn't fully deserve. Just my prediction/fear. Thoughts?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i think anyone who is considering this should simply try it for 30 days. if it works - keep it. if not - cancel. my cable high speed internet costs me $20/month on promotion ($45/month regular price) 15MBPS up and 3MBPS down. i'd consider Sprint's if the price gets more competitive or my cable bill rises. however, not sure how keen am i on having my phone running 24/7 for internet service.

IMO Sprint should include a free 30 day hotspot trial for all EVO users.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
i can't switch to using the evo only simply b/c if i leave nobody else in the house will have internet....not really an option unless you live alone i would think.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I read that a few people are planning to use the Mobile Hotspot feature on this phone and actually replace their regular internet service with it. If 4G is so weak inside how is it even possible that Sprint can charge $30 more to make the phone a WiFi hotspot when it will be touch and go at best to get 4G speeds while inside? My sister has Clear Internet and it is not very reliable according to her. I'm afraid that when this phone is launched a lot of complaints will be made about this feature's performance and give the phone a bad rep it doesn't fully deserve. Just my prediction/fear. Thoughts?

I work for Clear and I worked for Sprint ... so I own both products and I love my Clear and I love my Sprint phone ... I have had Verizon(1 year) and t mobile(2 years) and us cellular(3 months) and sprint has to be the best service and clear provides me with the best fastest internet out there ....not just saying this because I work for them im saying this because I have experience other company's and most of them raped me in price and I didn't get much for my money.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I work for Clear and I worked for Sprint ... so I own both products and I love my Clear and I love my Sprint phone ... I have had Verizon(1 year) and t mobile(2 years) and us cellular(3 months) and sprint has to be the best service and clear provides me with the best fastest internet out there ....not just saying this because I work for them im saying this because I have experience other company's and most of them raped me in price and I didn't get much for my money.

So, how is 4G reception on the EVO indoors?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
i think anyone who is considering this should simply try it for 30 days. if it works - keep it. if not - cancel. my cable high speed internet costs me $20/month on promotion ($45/month regular price) 15MBPS up and 3MBPS down. i'd consider Sprint's if the price gets more competitive or my cable bill rises. however, not sure how keen am i on having my phone running 24/7 for internet service.

IMO Sprint should include a free 30 day hotspot trial for all EVO users.

I think you got your numbers backwards.....15 up and 3 down? I'd complain about that because I don't have any emails to send that are that long! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC