My local Best Buy pre-order Evo's out!

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just received a memo from the District office that Best Buy has run out of Evo's for pre-order. Looks like The Shack is the only place to pre order the omnipotent Sprint HTC Evo.

This affect any of you?

UPDATE:

Just got ahold of a manager at Best Buy, said theyare still taking pre-orders, but they can only guarantee the phone on the second shipment that corporate will receive. In other words, you won't be getting your Evo on the 4th if you order at Best Buy from this point on.

Last edited:

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
the RS "District Office" is sending out memos on BB inventory? what do they know?

I just called Best Buy. And the 'district office' was correct. Corporate memos are usually not based on someone's rear end opinion. Look at the update to the post for more info. Or feel free to call your local best buy.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Or perhaps it was only the Best Buy the OP called... I just checked at my local Best Buy and it is not true. For this store anyways.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone. I'm telling people what best buy themselves said. Anyone can do that, as it is not against any rules. If wal-mart announced they were selling Evo's, I would post it as well. It's general business. The office, or myself, was not posting something that RS was not supposed to know. It is common knowledge, all one has to do is ask. This is in no way whatsoever speaking on behalf on another company.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just called three more best buys. One is Albuquerque, NM and another two in El Paso, TX..... Both agree that they can only promise the device on the second shipment.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Or perhaps it was only the Best Buy the OP called... I just checked at my local Best Buy and it is not true. For this store anyways.

if you happened to change the post name, please change it back to what it was. I have now called several Best Buys in several states, they ALL have told me that their first shipment is completely out. I think you had a misinformed associate speak to you.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm.... I thought I did a search for that post. Oh well! Old news indeed! It is so yesterday! But at least this proves that it's not only my 'local' best buy, and that whomever Jeremy spoke to was ill-informed.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Went to check on my preorder today because my local BB has not scheduled any appointments to pick up the phones there and ran into a friend from church. He was preordering 2 Evos and was told they would be in on the 2nd shipment on the 9th of June. So it seems to be true of my BB as well.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
It is true, the 2nd shipment will be approx. 5 days after launch... but oh well, I get mine on the 30th anyways... LUCKY ME!!! I'll be sure to post teaser videos.

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
screw you twan... how are you getting yours early? we sold many preorders today even with the june 9th date. our selling process and information gathering at time of preorder (rec sheet) is making sure they stick with us.

i wish we could get and endless supply...

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
screw you twan... how are you getting yours early? we sold many preorders today even with the june 9th date. our selling process and information gathering at time of preorder (rec sheet) is making sure they stick with us.

i wish we could get and endless supply...

They picked the top few mobile managers to go to Dave and Busters and meet with HTC, They will be "training" us on the phone and at that training we will leave with the phone...

And we did the same thing with the pre-order... people were just excited to get it and didn't care about the 2nd shipment wait.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
to you guys that work at BB - can you tell us if we can just buy the phone, grab the box, and run? OR does the BB staff have to open up the box, insert battery, power on phone, initiate, activate, etc.?

can't they just scan the bar code on the side and we can run and activate on our own at home?

(assuming the customer tells the BB staff that that this is their preference, they are in a rush, and they are technically savvy enough to handle everything.)

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I was told at my BB that they must activate it. I guess to make sure you're eligible for the line you're activating it on...dunno.

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
to you guys that work at BB - can you tell us if we can just buy the phone, grab the box, and run? OR does the BB staff have to open up the box, insert battery, power on phone, initiate, activate, etc.?

can't they just scan the bar code on the side and we can run and activate on our own at home?

(assuming the customer tells the BB staff that that this is their preference, they are in a rush, and they are technically savvy enough to handle everything.)

Tell them your s/o has your phone and that if they activate it she will be without any means of communication. They are technically supposed to activate it though.

brybry2

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy in Denton TX has closed the preorder for the June 4th date. They are still taking orders but for 5 days out, per the salesperson I spoke with. I was in on Saturday, he did say that eveyone that was on the list was guarenteed a phone on the 4th.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary