Got my HTC Evo yesterday ask if you have any questions!

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
@dkotoric1 ,
hey man first off thanks for taking so much of your time to answer all the questions that we have . The information you have posted here has been awesome.

No problem I'm more then willing to help in any way I can. So if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Ok so I currently own a Palm Crapre and when I put the phone into my pocket and walk around for bit and pull it out of my pocket I have like 5 or 6 things opened- phone,internet and various apps. Now this happens when I just randomly walk around the office or if I am working out . has something similar to this happened on the EVO ?

I've had the same problem with the pre it has not happened on the Evo yet but been using it inside the house all weekend wil have to see throughout the week now that I'm going to work and everything.

Also have you tried any video chat programs like say Chat roulette ?

No I have not tried any video chat yet but the back 8mp camera is just amazing.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Guys i have to say thanks to Seidio, they are sending me a case/holster combo to review so I will be posting a review on that soon as well. They have said its being sent out today so depending on the shipping I should have a review on that later this week or next week.

romero.richardv

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Important..Need to know

I just have one question:
1. When you plug in a headphone into the jack does it stick out???? I saw a HTC Evo Fm radio review and it was sticking out..

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I am saying this with love.. I hate you.. Get the phone early and now free demo swag.. Congrats, thanks for the info and looking forward to seeing the case and such..

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a quick way to mark your emails as read?

On the Hero with 2.1 in the Gmail app you can tap and hold a message while in the inbox/folder(label) view. This will give you a number of quick options including mark as read/unread. I see no reason why this would be any different on the EVO.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
1. When you plug in a headphone into the jack does it stick out???? I saw a HTC Evo Fm radio review and it was sticking out..

Hmm I don't know have not pluged in a head set yet. I use bluetooth headsets, I'm actually watching England vs Mexico soccer game on it right now and its beautiful, but when I get home will make sure to plug in a headset and will let you know how it looks. I will probably take some more pictures today and maybe a video.

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Yes, it all depend on how big the connector is... I plugged in my BEATS into the slot and it looked nice, because the connector was small...

did that answer your question?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Its not the point, We pay good money for these phone and they should be defect free. If you went and bought a new car would you deal with wind noise? Thats the point.

Everything is going to have defects, it's just a matter of finding them. The leakage doesn't seem to be a big deal and it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone.

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site
By the way FM radio only work when you plug in headphones iinto the jack.. but it seems to still get stations without any need to have a special set of phones...

romero.richardv

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I don't know have not pluged in a head set yet. I use bluetooth headsets, I'm actually watching England vs Mexico soccer game on it right now and its beautiful, but when I get home will make sure to plug in a headset and will let you know how it looks. I will probably take some more pictures today and maybe a video.

Thanks.

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Today is the first day I have actually put the phone in my Jeans going to work and I have to say no problem at all it actually feels smaller then my Palm Pre cause its so thin. Keep in mind that I am a 6 foot 2 inch tall guy, but to me in my pocket it feels smallr then both my Palm Pre and HTC Hero.

Thanks!

That's good to know cause I'm 6 foot 3.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
On the Hero with 2.1 in the Gmail app you can tap and hold a message while in the inbox/folder(label) view. This will give you a number of quick options including mark as read/unread. I see no reason why this would be any different on the EVO.

Yes that works the same on the evo but I don't see a way to quickly mark like 5 messages at once as read.

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Sweet thanks it sure it there and works great. Nice.

No problem... have you tried qik yet? Tried it out last night and the quality was good over wifi... but I couldnt get it to work where I could share a live feed with my friend?? it was always delayed or something?? Also if you ever use qik know that it automatically uploads every video you take with qik to your page... thats whether you set it to private or public.

So dont go testing that feature and do something strange... lol

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
No problem... have you tried qik yet? Tried it out last night and the quality was good over wifi... but I couldnt get it to work where I could share a live feed with my friend?? it was always delayed or something?? Also if you ever use qik know that it automatically uploads every video you take with qik to your page... thats whether you set it to private or public.

So dont go testing that feature and do something strange... lol

haha good to know, I actually have not singed up for qik yet so haven't used it yet, been kind of busy converting everything over from my hero and installing all my necesary apps.