Best Buy Evo Pre Order Pickup Info/Details

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know, I went into my local best buy this morning in North Carolina and got all the details about June 4th! I preordered my Evo on the first day and was 4th in the store for pre-orders. The guy said this morning that they have about 30 and they are the only ones guaranteed an Evo on the 4th. Everyone who preorders from the 21st on will have to wait till the next wave they get in the following weeks.

As for the actually day, he said that the store will be opening at 8am instead of normal 10am and handling all the pre-orders during that time. The store will be calling everyone on the list earlier in the week to schedule appointments every 30 mins on the 4th. He said that they will not have any phones to give to people who try to walkup and purchase it that morning/day so that only the people who have preordered will get attention and receive their phone. They will be giving away a free $40 dollar value bluetooth headset like someone else mentioned on the forum as well.

They also had a Evo that he pulled out to let me see, but it wasn't working, but I did get to see the look and feel of it in person finally!

Anyway hope this helps anyone who was in question of how best buy would handle this awesome day!!! I can't wait till the 4th!

vWvSTATICvWv

May 19, 2010
Visit site
That's cool that they gave you that info. My BB in Ny didn't say much. I went first day @ 10am during my break and they weren't even set up to do preorders yet, the guy said to come back sometime this afternoon. I went back at 5:30 and did the preorder. The guy said there were a few people that came in during the day. He said they will open at normal time and would call but people lined up early in the morning is to be expected. They would be doing credit checks and activations same day.
I went there Friday to see if they had demo's and this girl told me they haven't received them yet, but probably by Tuesday. I wish this place would have done like some BB's and told you the appt. number or something. Check the list and make sure you're guaranteed one....something! I took off that day, so i'll just go in the morning =]

wormdood

Apr 20, 2010
blog.mattkurio.com
I am sad. We just made plans for a camping trip Thursday - Sunday, so I won't get my pre-ordered Evo until I return. We didn't have much choice on the dates since this was the only time that worked on our schedules...at least I will be having fun.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
<snip> they have about 30 and they are the only ones guaranteed an Evo on the 4th. <snip> He said that they will not have any phones to give to people who try to walkup and purchase it that morning/day so that only the people who have preordered will get attention and receive their phone. <snip>
That's very similar to what I was told. They're not making appointments but calling people when the phone arrives. They're expecting it on Thursday since that's they're normal phone shipment day.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I just stopped by my BB about an hour ago and they said that they will not be doing any scheduling for people to come in... they just told me that they will call me sometime that week and I'll just come in when ever I want on the 4th. Although my BB probably isn't selling as many EVO's as some others.

They also had a demo EVO (not on display yet) that I held and got a feel for... I definitely like the size of it and it feels good in the my hands... also it fits very well in my pocket, better than my Mogul, since the EVO is much thinner it doesn't feel as bulky in my pocket as the Mogul does.

Last edited:

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just stopped by my BB about an hour ago and they said that they will not be doing any scheduling for people to come in... they just told me that they will call me sometime that week and I'll just come in when ever I want on the 4th. Although my BB probably isn't selling as many EVO's as some others.

They also had a demo EVO (not on display yet) that I held and got a feel for... I definitely like the size of it and it feels good in the my hands... also it fits very well in my pocket, better than my Mogul, since the EVO is much thinner it doesn't feel as bulky in my pocket as the Mogul does.

Thanks for the comparison to the Mogul since that is the phone I had before the Pre. My local BB won't let anybody see the dummy Evo until the 4th :( Your take on it make me feel more at ease about fitting it in my pocket.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the comparison to the Mogul since that is the phone I had before the Pre. My local BB won't let anybody see the dummy Evo until the 4th :( Your take on it make me feel more at ease about fitting it in my pocket.

It's not as bad as many people make it out to be, for me anyway. It fit great in my pocket and is not very heavy at all.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My BB set up appointments on the day I pre-ordered. They wanted to make my appointment earlier in the day, but I couldn't make it until 4:30 when I get off work. It will be a LONG day for me.

deceptacon

May 13, 2010
Visit site
That's cool that they gave you that info. My BB in Ny didn't say much. I went first day @ 10am during my break and they weren't even set up to do preorders yet, the guy said to come back sometime this afternoon. I went back at 5:30 and did the preorder. The guy said there were a few people that came in during the day. He said they will open at normal time and would call but people lined up early in the morning is to be expected. They would be doing credit checks and activations same day.
I went there Friday to see if they had demo's and this girl told me they haven't received them yet, but probably by Tuesday. I wish this place would have done like some BB's and told you the appt. number or something. Check the list and make sure you're guaranteed one....something! I took off that day, so i'll just go in the morning =]
Where at in NY?

clafountaine

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
hmmmmm....I wonder if BB will call me. Mine is in a mall so I doubt they will be opening early. I'm gonna have to call them later and inquire as to what they are doing.

It was funny, the guy I did the pre-order with said that they were taking them "like crazy" and I asked him how many he had done already. The guy told me I was number 8......I was a bit confused, 8 is "like crazy." Apparently any other pre-sale they have done must have only gotten 1 or 2. lol

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I talked to my Best Buy yesterday. They said they had 57 preorders and were expecting about 40 phones. Luckily I was 3rd to preorder. He said that corporate was thinking about opening an hour early (9:00 AM). He said that it would be completly up to corporate because they control the lights and the computers.

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I talked to my Best Buy yesterday. They said they had 57 preorders and were expecting about 40 phones. Luckily I was 3rd to preorder. He said that corporate was thinking about opening an hour early (9:00 AM). He said that it would be completly up to corporate because they control the lights and the computers.

Which BB did you talk to? Assuming you are in MN b/c of your name.

rawdawg

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I received a call from BB (Greenville, SC) yesterday regarding my EVO. I have an appointment at 9:00 am on June 4th. Normally the store opens at 10:00 am, so they are opening at least one hour earlier than normal. I asked about accessories available at launch and the person that I spoke with did not know what, if anything, they would have. Anyway, why is time ticking by so slowly? Come on 6-4-10!

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I missed a call this morning. When I called back I jokingly said: "I want to pick it up at 8". Jessica jusy said OK. I made the appointmnt at 7:30 since she said they have 50 people coming in and they're going to get busy.

ldostang

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sux that my BB is not doing appts. We are getting the phone if we reserved it but i hate that i would probably be there 2-3 hours when i get out of work.

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing appt's but is not opening early! Which stinks because I have a 10:30 appt, they said it could take up to an hour. The problem is I have to drive 6 hours to be somewhere by 6PM, with a 5month old that has not been that long of a car ride yet. Needless to say, I am REALLY going to be pushing it but I couldn't sacrifice NOT getting this phone! :)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing appt's but is not opening early! Which stinks because I have a 10:30 appt, they said it could take up to an hour. The problem is I have to drive 6 hours to be somewhere by 6PM, with a 5month old that has not been that long of a car ride yet. Needless to say, I am REALLY going to be pushing it but I couldn't sacrifice NOT getting this phone! :)

i can see you in line at the BB now. don't drink too much the night before!

12253.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood