For some reason every time I answer my phone it defaults to speaker. Problem has only been happening for last week. Prior to that it ws "normal", I would answer it and use the earpiece to listen unless I specifially pressed the speaker button on the screen. Bluetooth works fine, everything else is normal. Anybody have any clues? Phone may have gotten a little wet a week or so ago, but barely and no other symptoms have crept up.
    11-30-2011 09:38 AM
    Okay, so I did another search on this site (I did before I posted also but I worded my key search words better and found an excellent thread) and I think I have a lint/fuzz/dirt issue with my micro-usb connection. Seems to be telling my phone it is in a car-dock connection and the default for that is....Speaker Phone!!!

Makes sense because a few times in the last week, although not in the last day or so, Thh Car Panel app would come on for (what I thought) was no reason. But I realize that's another sign that the phone thinks it is connected to a Car dock.

Will try to clean it out carefully, tooth pick etc and see if I can do fix it.
    11-30-2011 10:13 AM
    I would check your call settings and make sure you don't have an option selected for answer with speaker. When my phone is in the dock, it doesn't answer with the speaker but I also have it hooked up to the BT in my car.
    11-30-2011 02:04 PM
    There are no call "settings" like that (nowhere on the phone can you do specify that) so that is a moot point. And I don't have the problem either when I have blue tooth connected, my phone understands that is the priority. I'm convinced from reading that other thread that is is a dirty usb port issue, problem is cleaning it effectively enough to cure the issue.
    11-30-2011 02:53 PM
    Have you tried spraying the USB port with compressed air? If your phone isn't rooted, try taking it to Sprint and seeing if they will give you another phone due to hardware failure. The worst they can say is no.
    11-30-2011 04:42 PM
    Menu, settings, sound, Flip for speaker box. Check on that too.
    12-01-2011 01:45 PM
    Tried compressed air, also made sure Flip for Speaker is unchecked. Going to give it a few more days and see if it is cured, then taking it to Sprint for replacement.
    12-07-2011 01:59 PM
    I had the same problem. Have you installed any apps recently? I don't remember which app I installed but one by one I uninstalled any new apps I installed right before the problem started. Problem went away and hasn't come back since.
    12-09-2011 08:51 AM
    It's definitely an issue with your micro-USB port. Try cleaning it, if it still does it, unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it. I had to replace one due to this.
    12-09-2011 05:02 PM
    I had this same problem with my Alcatel One Touch Fierce. It was sooooooo frustrating I was ready to go buy a new phone!! But I went back to my T-Mobile store and a fellow there was able to help me! The answer for my particular problem was so simple!! I had purchased a stylus that I kept attached through the little hole at the top of my phone.......what I didn't realize was: that hole is to attach headphones----so my phone was reading that I had headphones plugged in and was trying to communicate through them. As soon as I took out the stylus, the phone worked fine....Problem Solved!!! Hope this helps someone in the future!!
    01-04-2014 12:40 PM
    Just upgraded to lollipop and have a Pressy button in my headphone jack. totally didn't consider it was causing this problem! thanks
    04-28-2015 03:40 PM
    Okay, so I did another search on this site (I did before I posted also but I worded my key search words better and found an excellent thread) and I think I have a lint/fuzz/dirt issue with my micro-usb connection. Seems to be telling my phone it is in a car-dock connection and the default for that is....Speaker Phone!!!

Makes sense because a few times in the last week, although not in the last day or so, Thh Car Panel app would come on for (what I thought) was no reason. But I realize that's another sign that the phone thinks it is connected to a Car dock.

Will try to clean it out carefully, tooth pick etc and see if I can do fix it.
    Thanks, this solution worked perfectly. One quick blow in the hole and it works perfectly. Yeah I know how that sounds.
    01-10-2018 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD