when i went to my bestbuy to set up my 10am appointment the bestbuy mobile manager was talking to me and he said that they are making bundles for the evo and the people with the earliest appointment times will get first picks anyone elses bestbuy doing anything like this for there evo launch
    05-24-2010 10:37 PM
    when i went to my bestbuy to set up my 10am appointment the bestbuy mobile manager was talking to me and he said that they are making bundles for the evo and the people with the earliest appointment times will get first picks anyone elses bestbuy doing anything like this for there evo launch
    Bundles are a classic way to move accessories with big releases. I'll be doing them at my shack!!
    05-24-2010 10:50 PM
    The idea in general sounds good to me :thumbsup:

And hint to BBYM and Shack managers -- we LOVE donuts and coffee
    05-24-2010 10:55 PM
    i forgot to mention in my post that the bundles are going to be free
    05-24-2010 10:57 PM
    What's in the bundles?
    05-24-2010 11:01 PM
    he didnt say all he told me was that the people with the earliest appointments gets the first pick
    05-24-2010 11:04 PM
    free?

To hell with coffee and donuts
    05-24-2010 11:05 PM
    The idea in general sounds good to me :thumbsup:

And hint to BBYM and Shack managers -- we LOVE donuts and coffee
    Hey I'm opening early so people can get their evo love on faster, I think they should bring the coffee and donuts lol!!
    05-24-2010 11:10 PM
    BB3dots.. if you are the RS manager in C springs on 8th street I will drive to Denver and get lamars doughnuts if you open early for me to pick up my phone before work!
    05-24-2010 11:12 PM
    BB3dots.. if you are the RS manager in C springs on 8th street I will drive to Denver and get lamars doughnuts if you open early for me to pick up my phone before work!
    Lol, Im in Ohio. You can always try to bribe your local manager with those donuts though!
    05-24-2010 11:19 PM
    I promise you -- enough dounts will buy any man. Just don't skimp on the filled ones. Oh and the blueberry ones. And the cinnamon glazed ones are good too.

just don't skimp lol.
    05-24-2010 11:23 PM
    Best Buy is giving out free bluetooth headsets to counter RS's $20 deal.
    05-24-2010 11:27 PM
    I took the day off of work, that's pretty special. And it makes me even more of a tech geek.
    05-25-2010 01:00 AM
    Dangit. I was the first on the BB list and I passed up the earliest time slots to get some sleep. The 4th is my B-Day and I know I will be out the night before "celebrating". I will be driving to Vegas after I pick up my phone for some more "celebrating" so I thought I should get as much rest as I can. I may rethink this and call them back...

I will call BB and ask if they are offering the same bundles deal and try to find out more details. I will report back if I get anything out of them.
    05-25-2010 02:59 AM
    i am getting donuts and coffee for customers and putting a package together with 2 chargers (customer's choice) , screen protector, and case for a special price. i am trying to get a wallpaper pack together or something like that.
    05-25-2010 08:39 AM
    I dont have a job yet since i just moved and my girl is off so after my 11am appointment, I got all day to play with the evo. The best buy where I live tho (near Ft. Knox KY) is not doing anything special that I heard of for the release
    05-25-2010 09:00 AM
    Yeah, that sucks the BB in Palm Desert, CA isn't even doing the free BT headset, not that it matters my BlueAnt Q1 just arrived. But I could go for a case or something equally as good. Must just be the stores with bigger populations and a large number of pre-orders.
    05-25-2010 12:15 PM
    I just left the BB in my area and they did not mention any type of bundles or specials for the 4! Guess I should have asked but didn't think about it. Also tried to get them to show me the mock EVO and girl said they could not show anything before that day
    05-25-2010 12:28 PM
    Damn, I really wish I could get this phone on launch day. I want donuts
    05-25-2010 12:30 PM
    The one I preordered at is opening at 8 AM, and giving away the headset. That's about as special as it gets with them!
    05-25-2010 01:17 PM
    Yeah, that sucks the BB in Palm Desert, CA isn't even doing the free BT headset, not that it matters my BlueAnt Q1 just arrived. But I could go for a case or something equally as good. Must just be the stores with bigger populations and a large number of pre-orders.
    Yeah, I hate that store, but it is the only real electronic store out there.
    05-25-2010 01:54 PM
    I just called two Best Buys. The one I am going to pick up the Evo on the 4th said there are no promos or bundles besides bundles they are selling for at a discount. She said something about a car charger, screen protector case combo. Sounded like she was in a hurry and was assuming things before going to verify with the Mobile dept...

Then the BB by my house, where I am picking up from on the 7th for my 3rd line, said they are giving away a BT earpiece but it is for "first come first serve". She did say that she will try and hold one though, which I appreciated because I was the first to pre-order. The sale person said they were installing Zagg screen protectors for $8 and she even called me back to tell me about the Black Tie protection plan.

Normally I get better customer service in CA over NM but not this time...
    05-25-2010 01:56 PM
    free bluetooth, $20 car charger, $20 screen guard, case etc at arlington texas BB.
    05-25-2010 02:50 PM
    Unfortunately that's the truth, and having no competition they can do what they want.

After my experience with how the Zagg products turned brown from absorbing the skin oils I'll never put a screen protector on my phone. Don't really use a case since I'm a pocket carrier and the BlueAnt Q1 headset is phenomenal, so no need for a $20 Plantronics.

Yeah, I hate that store, but it is the only real electronic store out there.
    05-25-2010 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD