Google Nav or Sprint Nav...which is better?

Google or Sprint nav?

• Total voters

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Honestly I like Sprint Nav better. It's built as a true navigation GPS whereas Google Maps is mapping software first and foremost.

It takes more clicks to start navigating on Google Maps, and I much prefer the voice in Sprint Nav. But they are both really good overall.

--------
Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause that's how I roll.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Sprint Nav is better than Google Nav for Android at this point. I would not be at all surprised if that is no longer true by the end of the year.

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i've only used sprint nav which i've been very happy with. it's a great app. that said, i do prefer a dedicated GPS device. in a pinch, i could happily use sprint nav.

looking forward to trying google maps.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Sprint nav every day going home from work because of it's traffic feature. I have two routes I can use to get home and it directs me to the quickest and has been pretty reliable. Using it on trips, it seems a little slow to give turn directions. My standalone Garmin works much better in that regard so I use it on trips.

I am looking forward to using the Google nav as it has some interesting features. Especially the voice lookup of POIs. You can use voice with Sprint but it can be kind of clunky.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I never had issues with Google nav and thought it was very polished... I will have to try out Sprint nav since so many of you speak so highly of it.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My vote is for Sprint nav however my vote is biased. I'm using a Palm Pre and don't have a turn-by-turn Google Nav solution.

May change once I get the Evo

Prkl8r

May 18, 2010
Visit site
OPTION D. Garmin Nuvi

For me it's not that big of a deal to have a separate device dedicated to navigation. I only use it in my car. I also like knowing that if my signal dies, I don't have to worry about not updating. I also think it has better route calculation, and is quicker to update maps.

Sprint Nav is great if I need a quick direction or am in someone else's car. But if I am navigating a new area I prefer the Garmin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol