OK guys I have an evo and just found a problem/bug whatever you want to call it but I have like 5 games installed and they all have some kind of sound clips which are stored in a gameloft folder. In that folder there are over a thousand sound clips for the games that I have downloaded. I also have a music folder with about 150 songs in there. My problem is now when I start my music apps it pics up all the sounds from the game loft folder. Is there any way that I can have my music app only look for music in the Music folder.

Thanks in advance.
    05-25-2010 12:02 PM
    i think you can put a blank file named ".nomedia" in any folders you don't want scanned. Try that and see if it works :-)
    05-25-2010 02:04 PM
    i think you can put a blank file named ".nomedia" in any folders you don't want scanned. Try that and see if it works :-)
    yap found the solution on another forum, works great, but thanks
    05-25-2010 02:31 PM
    That's a pain in the *** to do. Shouldn't the applications have this included when they are installed. Makes it more of a hassle.
    05-25-2010 02:59 PM
    Yes I agree, it is a slight pain but only takes like 10 seconds to do.
    05-25-2010 03:02 PM
    Im sure that would be more of a pain if your on a long road trip and in between every other song or so, you hear a sound bite.
    05-25-2010 03:05 PM
    You can do it from the phone, but I would do it on a computer.
    Make playlists for road trips.
    (Sorry, don't use the stock music app anymore, I use moozone and stream it if anything).
    05-25-2010 03:13 PM
    This is not working for me? I put a txt file, named nomedia, in each game folder and in the gameloft folder. all of the sounds still show up in my music player. What am I doing wrong?
    08-29-2010 05:10 PM
    This is not working for me? I put a txt file, named nomedia, in each game folder and in the gameloft folder. all of the sounds still show up in my music player. What am I doing wrong?
    Make sure you didn't have the .txt extension on it. If it does, it will not work. The file should be called .nomedia
    08-29-2010 05:20 PM
    Same problem here, tried the .nomedia trick, no go.
    08-29-2010 05:56 PM
    Yes I agree, it is a slight pain but only takes like 10 seconds to do.
    Slight pain?

Users shouldn't have to look on the internet to find out why game clips are being played on their android player. That needs to be fixed. The way Android manages files/folders is a bit of a joke.
    08-29-2010 07:49 PM
    What kind of file do I make if it is not a text file, and how do I make it? I named them nomedia, because if I tried to name them .nomedia it would't take it and gave a "Must name file" error message.

If anyone can help, I would really appreaciate it, because all these random sounds in the music player are ridiculous!
    08-30-2010 09:52 AM
    Bump

Can anyone help me get this problem solved?
    08-31-2010 10:36 AM
    Someone upload a .nomedia file so we can download
    08-31-2010 11:46 AM
    Notice the apps that this seems to be happening with are mostly not Android Market apps. It is actually the role of the developer to just put this simple file in so that these files are not visible to the consumer (better so that they don't annoy us or so that they cannot easily be erased and thereby corrupting the game/program) not the android system.

Android specific company apps will likely be where you will find a ".nomedia" file on your SD card (I found one in live wallpaper folder for Earth Rotation and also in NY times app folders and also Layar). Just copy that file into any folder that contains a pic, video or sound file that is showing up in your camera or music player.
    08-31-2010 02:23 PM
    Thanks a lot Sed8ing! That worked - I wish I would have thought about that a long time ago!
    08-31-2010 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD