Auto Convert/Sync Movies & Music to EVO 4G with DoubleTwist!!!!

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to give you ya'll a heads up on a program thats been around but all may not be familiar with named DoubleTwist. Its a FREE PC program that will auto convert video to the correct codec & framerate of the Android device (& others). The program also syncs music & pics as well. Its basically best described as iTunes for Android. Check it out: Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

doubletwist.png

Last edited:

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the info yaboid, im sure even there are lots of ppl who knows this software, and have used it before there a whole bunch of newbies that will appreciate the heads up i remembered how i found double twist and it was in a forum just like this one...

Android Believer

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Now, I have a question pertaining somewhat to DoubleTwist and the HDMI - output. I know video recorded on the EVO is extremely compressed and looks slightly grainy on an HD TV. Will movies streamed from DoubleTwist from the EVO to your TV yeild the same grainy effect as the recorded videos? It's a concern considering this is how I'll most likely use the HDMI - output on the EVO; to stream movies through my mobile phone to my TV, DoubleTwist or not.

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the info yaboid, im sure even there are lots of ppl who knows this software, and have used it before there a whole bunch of newbies that will appreciate the heads up i remembered how i found double twist and it was in a forum just like this one...

Yea I found out about it the same way & as you said, a lot of new ppl are converting to Android that will find DT useful & a time saver.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I might try this and Handbreak. my current computer overheats if it tries anything more strenuous than browsing the web so it will have to wait until my new computer.

bouche123

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to give you ya'll a heads up on a program thats been around but all may not be familiar with named DoubleTwist. Its a FREE PC program that will auto convert video to the correct codec & framerate of the Android device (& others). The program also syncs music & pics as well. Its basically best described as iTunes for Android. Check it out: Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

doubletwist.png

Thanks for posting this YaBoiD. I am going to be switching from an old flip phone to the EVO so I am still getting up to speed with what you can do with a Droid phone. This will help us keep the kids calm on long trips. :)

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks YaBoiD, I am brand spanking new to Android, so this info helps. :) Do you have the Evo now? I'm the one asking about the close up pictures.. would you mind PM'ing me if you'd be willing to test for me?

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you manage your music in iTunes already, another option ya'll might want to consider is a small app called iTunes Export by Eric Daugherty . This solved my problem for exporting playlists (and the music files with them) to my EVO. I've used iTunes for quite a while to sync my wife's and daughter's iPods. Also use it to manage apps on an iPod Touch. I didn't want to use another music management app like WMP or DT just for my EVO.

The iTunes Export app allows me to continue managing all my music in iTunes and when I'm done adding music or editing playlists, I simply hook up my EVO (disk drive mode), open the iTunes Export app, configure the settings (including export location of EVO music folder), and run it. It converts my iTunes stuff to my EVO easily. It copied album art as well. After it transfers to my EVO, it takes a little bit for the music app on the EVO to sort through everything but in just a few minutes, my playlists showed up and I'm in business. Short of native integration with iTunes (which will never happen), this is exactly what I was looking for. Something simple I can run to move music to the EVO from iTunes.

I did have to use the older version of the app, however, as my PC had problems installing Adobe Air which is required for the latest version of the iTunes Export app. There is a link from the site to the previous version. I highly recommend IF you are committed to iTunes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol