My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
my htc evo 3d is also stuck in infinite loop but only the htc screen then black on and off. i did get to the hboot screen and tried everything on the screen it will not reboot will not recover when i select recovery it just continues to do the loop htc screen then black screen. while in hboot i have the options of fastboot, recovery, factory reset, simlock and image crc. while n reboot it reads:
***locked***
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.58.000
eMMC-boot
May 17, 2012, 15:06:44

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Before you continue, you should start by backing up everything you can if you haven't done so already. Put your SD card into another phone or a computer and just pull whatever you want off of it, there's a chance your SD card might get wiped.

What was the last thing you did before it started boot looping? Did you try to flash a ROM or install a new app?

If you don't mind starting your phone from scratch (which is probably where this is headed anyways) you can try doing a Factory Reset and seeing if that gets you back to a stable phone. If that doesn't work, you may want to look into unlocking the bootloader (Been a LONG while, but last I checked the only way to unlock 1.58 was to use HTC's developer website, htcdev.com ) flashing a custom recovery, and putting on a stock or custom ROM. If you need help there are amazing tutorials, roms, recoveries, kernels, and tools over at HTC EVO 3D - xda-developers . Go into the development section for the Evo 3D.

THIS PART IS IMPORTANT: Make sure that you go to the developer section for the correct Evo 3D. There is a GSM developer thread and a CDMA developer thread. If you have Sprint, you want to go to the CDMA forum. If you have an Evo 3D with a sim card, go to the GSM forum. BAD THINGS MAY HAPPEN IF YOU FLASH ANYTHING MEANT FOR THE OTHER TYPE.

That's my suggestion. Post any progress, updates, or questions here and I'll be sure to help out when I can.

-Drew.

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
i'm confused my phone has an sd card and is sprint so which one do i use? i was trying to take pictures with my front camera and then it woldn't load the camera so i force stopped the camera app and tried to use it again it still wasnt working so i restarted the phone but when i tried to power it back on it just continued to loop. which one do i need specifically i'm confused on all this stuff how am i supposed to install anything if it just keeps looping wont even hook up to my labtop?

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
i also went to htcdev.com i went to unlock my bootloader but when i got to step 8 it would run the app and then close it wouldn't even give me a chance to type in fastboot oem

You don't open "fastboot.exe", you open a command prompt and change the directory to where the 3 files are located (WinXP, everywhere else) or open the folder with the 3 files, hold down Shift then Right Click and you'll see a new option pop up: Open Command Window Here. (Win7). Once you're in the directory of the files, then you type your commands. "fastboot OEM get_identifier_token" and whatever.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
this is what it says:
C:\android>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.162s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.023s]
finished. total time: 0.201s

Is your unlock code in the same folder with fastboot ? If you look it sent 0 kb so something isnt right

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There is something wrong with the unlock code . the file size is 0, get it from your email again and try that.it should be around 1kb

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
now i'm just getting an error. this is what it says:
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.027s

load_file: could not allocate 256 bytes
error: cannot load 'Unlock_code.bin': Visual C++ CRT: Not enough memory to compl
ete call to strerror.