Early Evo owners, who has tried out the gamelof 3d games?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I saw in Phils video of the Evo with Sense turned off that he had Dungeon Hunter installed on his Evo. A quick Google search revealed that Gameloft is porting their top ten games to Android.

So who has them and how do they run? I hope Phil will touch on that in one of his videos.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I bought Dungeon Hunter because a friend of mine has it on his iPad and it looked pretty sweet. It runs great once it loads, but load times are a bit long.

I did not turn off Sense to play and it's pretty smooth.

After installing it and running it for the first time, it comes up with a message that it needs to download another 125MB of stuff for the game (don't worry, it saved it all to the SD card).

My only complaint is their DRM policy. I bought it through their website since it's not in the Android Market, and apparently it can only be installed once on one device...ever. In other words, if you wipe your phone for any reason and try to reinstall the .apk, it won't let you and you have to buy it again. That is seriously lame on their part. If I knew that going in, I would have thought twice before supporting them.

But on a gaming front, it's awesome :)

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint is their DRM policy. I bought it through their website since it's not in the Android Market, and apparently it can only be installed once on one device...ever. In other words, if you wipe your phone for any reason and try to reinstall the .apk, it won't let you and you have to buy it again. That is seriously lame on their part. If I knew that going in, I would have thought twice before supporting them.

Are you SERIOUS? I thought the Android Marketplace worked the same way as the Palm App store, where you have an account linked to the App store so you could at any point re-download the apps if need be.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
A review, of any or them , would be great.
I've put off buying Assasin's Creed & Gangstar on my Pre.
I'm interested in how they'll play in comparison, I don't believe there's any demos(?).

Also I'm browsing the Market through appbrain and all the titles that are on the site aren't available in the Market?
THAT will pose some of those DRM problems.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Are you SERIOUS? I thought the Android Marketplace worked the same way as the Palm App store, where you have an account linked to the App store so you could at any point re-download the apps if need be.

Hang on! This was NOT PURCHASED THROUGH THE ANDROID MARKETPLACE! Gameloft has a bunch of Android games they are selling through their own website and not through Google. This policy is Gameloft's only! Android Marketplace allows you to download as many times as you want on as many devices you want as long as you're logged in as the user that purchased it.

Please do not confuse Gameloft's stupid DRM policies with Android :)

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have 6 gameloft games on my evo and all except asphalt 5 run smooth, but let's golf is deffinately the best

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry... I just assumed the Gameloft games were tied to the account they were downloaded from... That's incredibly retarded that Gameloft has that policy.

Sorry to jump to that wild conclusion.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Not only that, but I had to buy the game on their website and they TEXTED me the link to download it on the phone. That's how they bypass the marketplace.

FuManChuu

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Lame. When are 3D apps suppose to flow regularly through the market? Didn't they just release that NDK thing that should make porting pre/iphone 3d apps a breeze?

mp0510

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
New to Android here, so very basic question. Can you back up your phone to your PC? So that if you wipe the phone you could reload the original data/image?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Gameloft is shooting themselves in the foot with this policy. Right now they have some of the best games out there, but at the rate all things Android are developing, it won't be too long before more and more of the other iPhone game developers will start porting their games over.

I am wondering though, can we at least swap microSD cards? Meaning, if I buy a game while still using the included 8 GB card, and then switch to a 16 GB card or bigger, can I just copy all the contentds of the old card to the new card and the phone won't know the difference and the game will still run?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
New to Android here, so very basic question. Can you back up your phone to your PC? So that if you wipe the phone you could reload the original data/image?

If you're rooted and have a recovery image, Nandroid allows you to. If you restore, you restore everything from that backup, apps, settings, everything. Its awesome :)