Froyo - What's missing?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hope you've all been enjoying the "Froyo Features" series. (And, no, we're not done yet.)

Question for those of you who've used Froyo: What's missing that you'd still like to see, or that should have been in there by now?

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an Adroid phone, but doesn't Android not allow you to store apps to an SD card, therefore limiting the app space to the measley amount of Flash memory the phone has built in? If that is true, then I wish Froyo would have fixed it. That is a BIG shortcoming on Android/Google's part. When 3D games start to pop up on Android, I won't be able to install them. I have 11 3D games on my Pre, and I want to purchase 3D games on my future Evo, but that requires space.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an Adroid phone, but doesn't Android not allow you to store apps to an SD card, therefore limiting the app space to the measley amount of Flash memory the phone has built in? If that is true, then I wish Froyo would have fixed it. That is a BIG shortcoming on Android/Google's part. When 3D games start to pop up on Android, I won't be able to install them. I have 11 3D games on my Pre, and I want to purchase 3D games on my future Evo, but that requires space.

Its "fixed" in Froyo, but its still up for the developer to enable it. Also, there is nothing stopping devlopers currently having core files on the internal memory and reference items onto the sd card. Many apps do it (including 3d games currently out for Android).

Last edited:

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see the music stream that was talked about at google io that was supposed to be on froyo.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Well since that was fixed, I would like to see a more intuitive launcher. Android's launcher is very boring and cluttered. I would like to se some other way of organizing apps in the launcher other than by alphabetical order. Something like folders or by kind of application.

again, please correct me if Android already has this feature. I am new to Android. Evo will be my first. I suppose you can call it Android virginity... And I'm about to become a man. :p

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Its "fixed" in Froyo, but its still up for the developer to enable it. Also, there is nothing stopping devlopers currently having core files on the internal memory and reference items onto the sd card. Many apps do it (including 3d games currently out for Android).

So, does that mean apps can be run from the SD card, or is it like the Aerize Card Loader in Blackberry, in which you have to install from the backup on the card?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835