Qik video chat to cost extra for EVO?

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
That's good news. Fring looks like a good start and I'll certainly use it over paying or Qik, but Skype may be able to put out a better client themselves.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Did you even read the thread rem...?

No offense but its an irk of mine when the answers are all throughout the thread and people just post anyway.

No I did not,I was a out last night didn't have time to read through sorry.

So does this qik app come pre installed and can you delete it from the device so that you can have fring on it?

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Now that it's confirmed that Qik is charging $5 for "mobile video chat", has it been clarified if that's just the ability to video chat with another user using Qik?

I know in demo's and reviews, including on this site, it was shown that you can broadcast video using Qik. I think it was called "video sharing". The example that I heard was if you're at a kids piano recital and your significant other couldn't make it, you could use Qik to broadcast an almost-live feed that someone could access from the Qik website.

I'm wondering if "video sharing" is part of the $5 "video mobile chat" option.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Now that it's confirmed that Qik is charging $5 for "mobile video chat", has it been clarified if that's just the ability to video chat with another user using Qik?

I know in demo's and reviews, including on this site, it was shown that you can broadcast video using Qik. I think it was called "video sharing". The example that I heard was if you're at a kids piano recital and your significant other couldn't make it, you could use Qik to broadcast an almost-live feed that someone could access from the Qik website.

I'm wondering if "video sharing" is part of the $5 "video mobile chat" option.

I have been using the Qik video sharing for years on various smartphones. It has always been free. It's just this new 2 way video chat that costs $5 per month.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the Qik video sharing for years on various smartphones. It has always been free. It's just this new 2 way video chat that costs $5 per month.

Thanks for the info.

Even if both were free, I'd probably get zero use out of video chat, compared to only a couple uses out of the sharing feature.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
yep...it looks like the $5 fee will be fore "premium features" ..those premium features will be announced on the day of the Evo launch

Now, only if Sprint would call off the $10 Evo tax for those not in a 4g market!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34