05-27-2010 03:11 PM
    It will be interesting to see if the market supports this. I just cannot see people being perfectly ok with downgrading from an unlimited data plan to a limited plan unless they are getting something else. This whole idea is just aimed at earning Verizon more money, but doesn't benefit the consumer therefore logic dictates that it won't fly, but we will have to wait and see. In fact I dunno what the outcome was, but I recall Comcast or maybe it was Time warner attempting to put caps on the data useage of its broadband subscribers in a few select markets. I haven't heard much about it since it was announced telling me it didn't work out like the providers hoped. Perhaps these businesses need to remember that is the customer that pays their bills, and if those customers have options to go somewhere else they will when they percieve a better deal elsewhere.

In fact this would be akin to providers starting to charge phone calls by the minute instead of offering these unlimited calling plans. The days of metering minutes is dead or nearly dead, just trying to change it to data use is not going to change the market's negative perception of having to watch the meter.
    05-27-2010 03:23 PM
    That does indeed sound like Verizon. In other news, Sprint's 4G network is up and running in NYC.
    05-27-2010 03:24 PM
    In other news, Sprint's 4G network is up and running in NYC.
    That should sell a couple more phones.
    05-27-2010 03:28 PM
    Really? Sprint 4G in NYC is up? What about San Fran and Boston?
    05-27-2010 03:30 PM
    That does indeed sound like Verizon. In other news, Sprint's 4G network is up and running in NYC.
    Are you serious?
    05-27-2010 03:40 PM
    so $10 extra for unlimited data not so bad huh??
    05-27-2010 03:43 PM
    My sprint plan is too good for me to even think about other companies anyway.
    05-27-2010 03:56 PM
    Anything to support that?
    05-27-2010 03:58 PM
    My sprint plan is too good for me to even think about other companies anyway.
    That plus my employer discount...can't complain. I'll get the +$30 hotspot feature for a just little more than the price of the regular plan alone.

Lovin' it...
    05-27-2010 04:32 PM
    That plus my employer discount...can't complain. I'll get the +$ 10 and the +$30 hotspot feature for the price of the regular plan.

Lovin' it...
    Yup, my employee discount is 27%...very nice.
    05-27-2010 04:34 PM
    Let's be honest, Verizon most likely doesn't care what the consumer thinks. If someone doesn't pay for the bundle, they get hit with overage fees, and if they break their contract then verizon gets a monster ETF from them. Either way they are going to profit.
    05-27-2010 04:39 PM
    Yes, NYC has an active 4G connection. Someone used their Myfi thingy to find it. It's not completely rolled out and he got spotty coverage but it't there.
    05-27-2010 07:13 PM
    Consumers are like lemmings, the cool Droid Ads come out and they go there with more expensive accounts. Sprint is the best smartphone carrier out there (mix of good coverage, cheap plans, 1yr upgrade, good phones). Lots of people buy Iphones too, doesn't mean they are better just uninformed, if Verizon does this and it works expect all others to follow.
    05-27-2010 08:26 PM
    Well since we're carrier bashing here how many must have phones have Sprint released in the last 3 years? Aside from that how many must have Android phones have Sprint released? Let's go even further, who has a wider customer base...Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon? Hell, when it comes to cell phone wars is Sprint even relevant? When's the last time you seen AT&T or Verizon going at Sprint? No one cares but the little people where Sprint blooms. AT&T has more customers than Sprint and yes the service is inferior to Sprint. Does that make them uninformed? Does that make them stupid? Does that make them drones? No, it makes them getting the phone best for them or best on the market. There is a reason why Sprint isn't atop of the cell phone market and if you think tiered data plans is gonna knock off AT&T or Verizon you're sadly mistaken...

Listen, Sprint is getting a great phone. Leave it at that.
    05-27-2010 10:36 PM
    Well since we're carrier bashing here how many must have phones have Sprint released in the last 3 years? Aside from that how many must have Android phones have Sprint released? Let's go even further, who has a wider customer base...Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon? Hell, when it comes to cell phone wars is Sprint even relevant? When's the last time you seen AT&T or Verizon going at Sprint? No one cares but the little people where Sprint blooms. AT&T has more customers than Sprint and yes the service is inferior to Sprint. Does that make them uninformed? Does that make them stupid? Does that make them drones? No, it makes them getting the phone best for them or best on the market. There is a reason why Sprint isn't atop of the cell phone market and if you think tiered data plans is gonna knock off AT&T or Verizon you're sadly mistaken...

Listen, Sprint is getting a great phone. Leave it at that.
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    05-27-2010 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD