Got the call from Best Buy

kyrumo

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy called me this morning to ask me what time I want to come in and pick up my EVO on the 4th, he said I was first in line ;-)

Yes i'm freaking excited

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy called me this morning to ask me what time I want to come in and pick up my EVO on the 4th, he said I was first in line ;-)

Yes i'm freaking excited

I was first in line too but had to take the 8:30 slot over the 8:00 because I have to take the kids to school first. They also told me someone will be there from Invisishield installing screen protectors if people want them to.

kyrumo

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I was first in line too but had to take the 8:30 slot over the 8:00 because I have to take the kids to school first. They also told me someone will be there from Invisishield installing screen protectors if people want them to.
Your lucky my BB don't open til 10:00am

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yea I got a call from them a couple of days ago. Funny thing is I was in the store earlier that day and the manager said the larger stores were doing appoinments and then I get a call later that day. Guess he liked the appt idea I gave him LOL :cool:

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I went down to my RS yesterday and asked the guy if they were going to open early...he said they had no plans as of yet. He did say that a couple of other guys came by and said they'd be standing out front an hour early (they open at 10) to be the first ones in.

Guess I'll get there at 8:59...;)

These have been just about the loooooongest few weeks of my life. Anybody know what I'm talkin' 'bout?

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I checked at my local Best Buy today and they said they thought they were opening at 8:00 am, though they hadn't received confirmation yet. They also won't have an appointment system, so I'll probably show up early to try to get a good spot in any possible line.

tndave

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I went down to my RS yesterday and asked the guy if they were going to open early...he said they had no plans as of yet. He did say that a couple of other guys came by and said they'd be standing out front an hour early (they open at 10) to be the first ones in.

Guess I'll get there at 8:59...;)

These have been just about the loooooongest few weeks of my life. Anybody know what I'm talkin' 'bout?

Oh, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I keep trying to calm down by telling myself it's just a phone, but then again we all know it's not just a phone!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I pre ordered one Evo at BB and one at RS. Was at RS today and they told me that if they had 4 pre orders or more, they would have to open early, lucky for them, I was pre order #3 and today was the cut off date! They actually said they were glad that I pre ordered my other Evo at BB!

If you're wondering why only 3 pre orders...it's a small RS, and the average age in this county is 62..... I am not kidding.... At BB I am #13.

Joeriginal

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Why is BB making appointments to pick up the phone like its a doctors office, RS gives you two days to get it before restocking it. I thought that was the point of a pre-order.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Damn still no call and I preordered at BB and RS. Although RS said that if they had enough interest they would open at 6-7am. That's likely where i am getting it.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
LOL! me too! I figure I can't just leave the phone in the box all day, so might as well enjoy it :)

Wish it's this weekend though, so we have Memorial weekend, and more time to play with the phone!

It just happened to work for me because I have a luncheon at my daughter's school that afternoon. We're almost there!

vWvSTATICvWv

May 19, 2010
Visit site
anyone got a call from a bestbuy in the nyc area? i havent gotten a call yet

I'm in the Bronx but ordered @ BB in Yonkers on the 13th. I was there yesterday and they said they're not doing appointments but whoever ordered before the 21st will definately get their phones. Anyone after that date will get one if someone cancels. They said no one can just walk in and take your phone, the form you filled out will be taped to the box of the phone. They also said they will be making phone calls as a reminder, when they get their shipment in. ;)

jmyadagod

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I preordered at RS but the zagg cover made me call my BB today to see if they would have in stock and the answer was we have them already and someone will be here to put them on for you. That is where my $20 rewards will go to from buying my new laptop this year!!!!