After reading numerous threads I'm still not 100% clear...I'm getting the EVO so after it becomes rootable (if decide to go that route) does the process of rooting alone disable or render sense UI inoperable? or does sense become un-useable only when you apply a custom rom?

Thanks in advance
    05-27-2010 04:37 PM
    Nah, rooting doesn't do anything but allow access to the /system/ folder. Everything is as is afterwards. Flashing ROMs without sense will remove sense.
    05-27-2010 04:40 PM
    Nah, rooting doesn't do anything but allow access to the /system/ folder. Everything is as is afterwards. Flashing ROMs without sense will remove sense.

Awesome! thanks a bunch for clearing that up!...I want to remove bloatware but did not want to lose sense.
    05-27-2010 05:22 PM
    Awesome! thanks a bunch for clearing that up!...I want to remove bloatware but did not want to lose sense.
    No problem... You do need the SDK to mount the /system/ it doesn't stay read/write all the time. The SDK can be a pain in the arse to install on windows... linux/mac its super easy (no actual installation) Here are the steps:
    windows:
    Code:
    cd c:\DIRECTORY_OF_SDK\tools
    adb remount
    adb shell
    rm /system/app/NAME_OF_APP.apk
    Mac:
    Code:
    cd DIRECTORY_OF_SDK/tools
    ./adb remount
    ./adb shell
    Linux:
    Code:
    cd DIRECTORY_OF_SDK/tools
    sudo ./adb remount
    ./adb shell
    Its not difficult. I haven't been about to figure out how to mount the /system folder from a terminal emulator or else you could just do it from the phone when you root it.
    05-27-2010 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD