Can you get rid of the apps that are already installed(qik) that you don't use?
    05-28-2010 08:51 AM
    if they are embedded because of sprint pre-load bloatware, such as NASSCAR and NFL ect.., you can only get rid of them through rooting.
    rem_kujawa likes this.
    05-28-2010 10:12 AM
    ok so just like the Pre then thanks for the help. Do you know if the qik is embedded?
    05-28-2010 10:31 AM
    ok so just like the Pre then thanks for the help. Do you know if the qik is embedded?
    Yes, Qik is embedded. It's not the version that supports video calls yet, but the basic Qik client for streaming video to the Qik site.
    rem_kujawa likes this.
    05-28-2010 10:35 AM
    Yes, Qik is embedded. It's not the version that supports video calls yet, but the basic Qik client for streaming video to the Qik site.

But as soon as you pay for the service you get the video chat upgrade right?
    05-28-2010 10:36 AM
    But as soon as you pay for the service you get the video chat upgrade right?
    Not sure how that's going to work. I won't pay for video calls because Fring does it for free :-)
    05-28-2010 10:37 AM
    So call me dumb but why would you use this app then? I really have no interest right now on video chat, but live streaming would be cool. Is there a button to upload videos and picts to facebook and youtube like on the pre, that's what I use the most. like when I go to my pics or videos I have a button to hit that I can email,text,or upload to facebook/youtube. Does the Evo have that or do I have to use a third party app?
    05-28-2010 10:45 AM
    I think that feature is built into the camera app?
    05-28-2010 10:50 AM
    ok I know you can with droid. It would be cool if someone could post a screen shot.
    05-28-2010 10:52 AM
    The gallery app on the Evo lets you upload to YouTube, Picasa, email, Facebook, etc. The cool thing about Android is that if you install any app that supports video/picture uploads, the phone adds it to the list of possible upload destinations.
    rem_kujawa likes this.
    05-28-2010 10:53 AM
    The gallery app on the Evo lets you upload to YouTube, Picasa, email, Facebook, etc. The cool thing about Android is that if you install any app that supports video/picture uploads, the phone adds it to the list of possible upload destinations.
    ok thanks do you know if live streaming is still free for the qik app?
    05-28-2010 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD